Choking Cloud and Entangling Aura Endurance/Mag

Spectre7878

I love these to powers but I hope they can be looked at. I feel the endurance cost does not out way the magnitude. Or vice versa. Can we please maybe lower the endurance due to the fact that it’s a mag 1 or bring them up to a mag 2 and keep the endurance as is. 

i can see a power like let say focused accuracy being and endurance cost of .78 because it gives the character 20% accuracy 

but to have entangling aura and choking cloud so high of an endurance cost for such a low mag hold it’s a bit of a pain.  

i don’t know how hard it would be to just lower the endurance cost. But it would help a lot on my toons that use these powers

thanks. 😀

Both powers have 80% chance of a mag 1 hold plus 50% chance of a mag 2 hold. These don't stack with themselves but they stack with each other. The powers pulse every 2 seconds but the hold duration is at least double that (Choking Cloud varies by AT, Entangling Aura is 4 seconds for all). After 2 or 3 pulses, you've generally built up to mag 3 on everything, which will hold minions and lieutenants. You need to stack a ST hold if you want to hold bosses.

Both powers are auto-hit, so you don't need to slot for accuracy. I typically slot with 3 end/hold IOs (from 3 different sets) and have no endurance issues. You can +5 them when you hit 50 if you want to max out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I’m guessing the Lockdown proc is mostly useless now in these powers. Is that correct? I recall it being very nice back on Live (well, for a fire/rad) but now not so much with the proc mechanic changes.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

59 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

I’m guessing the Lockdown proc is mostly useless now in these powers. Is that correct? I recall it being very nice back on Live (well, for a fire/rad) but now not so much with the proc mechanic changes.

I tried it out a while back. It seemed to have a chance to fire every 10 seconds, but it would tend to hit minions, so not really useful. I prefer slotting it in ST holds.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Yeah it's rather random.  But the proc portion lasts 8 seconds which is essentially as long as the rest of holds fully enhanced.  I've got it slotted currently in my Rad/Fire Defender (who's running with other Rad/Fire as a super team/theme group - see Defender forums) I'm not sold but I'm also not thinking it's a total waster either.  Call it undecided.  

Now combined with Fold Space and 1 or more others running CC (or Entangling Aura) or atop a patch like Volcanic Gasses or Vines its a very nasty 1, 2 punch as everything in a 20ft radius rapidly turns into statues to get pounded.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Choking Cloud/Entangling Aura mesh very well with Hybrid Control Core (which provides a 75% chance of damage to controlled enemies plus a 75% chance of +1 mag to controls).

I have a Fire/Nature controller that runs Entangling Aura along with Hot Feet. Stuff just melts.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Uun said:

Choking Cloud/Entangling Aura mesh very well with Hybrid Control Core (which provides a 75% chance of damage to controlled enemies plus a 75% chance of +1 mag to controls).

I have a Fire/Nature controller that runs Entangling Aura along with Hot Feet. Stuff just melts.

I'll bet, part of why Fire/Rad Controllers became a thing.  

• Like 1