Powerset idea.

43 minutes ago, Rudra said:

dimensional manipulation

This is an interesting idea, but I would approach it from a different angle;  It'd have a mechanic similar to dual pistols' 'swap ammo', only it'd del with the particular type of dimension you were tapping into.  You could have a hellish fire dimension, a noxious/toxic dimension, and an psionic/insanity dimension, (think Cthulu mythos for the latter).  The attacks would consist of you either directly opening a portal on/at/near enemies to produce various effects, or perhaps you open a portal, stick your hand through, and a big hand thematic to the particular dimension you're currently attuned to emerges from the other end to deal damage or apply the effect, (maybe becoming a tentacle or giant creature's head instead).

30 minutes ago, biostem said:

This is an interesting idea, but I would approach it from a different angle;  It'd have a mechanic similar to dual pistols' 'swap ammo', only it'd del with the particular type of dimension you were tapping into.  You could have a hellish fire dimension, a noxious/toxic dimension, and an psionic/insanity dimension, (think Cthulu mythos for the latter).  The attacks would consist of you either directly opening a portal on/at/near enemies to produce various effects, or perhaps you open a portal, stick your hand through, and a big hand thematic to the particular dimension you're currently attuned to emerges from the other end to deal damage or apply the effect, (maybe becoming a tentacle or giant creature's head instead).

Meh, I would more use that for a Dimensional Enhancement or Elemental Strike melee set. The idea behind the Dimensional Melee as a blast set is for far strike characters like some monks and martial artists in various genres and for supers that create little rifts they punch through to hit distant foes and other concepts like that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sword assault for dominators 

image.png.6a657259d0b4843ce37df7c0f095a8ed.png  - Hack: Melee FOE -Def

image.png.f487ae3e1f9dcf5af8fd7473a705bf8a.png  - Throw Sword: Range, Foe- Def

image.png.8a11fd4331d596870042d9ef87968a32.png  - Parry: Melee, Self + DEF

image.png.42d625ed12c88c200f09152eca9fcff0.png  - Build up: Self+ DMG

image.png.470b3db42211b37e2c48b5e99ceb190c.png  - Whirling Sword: PBAoE Foe -Def

image.png.ad46d76020121810c213dfbf339ad764.png  - Flying Swords: Range Cone, Foe- Def

image.png.e0fe9e4875c23fa193a9d4abe882236b.png  - Edge Slash: Close Range, with energy stored in your sword you release a slash of energy at a foe

image.png.a5e6beaa9b87625de254e88c202abc88.png  - Sentient Sword:  Pet

image.png.d6692dd523102636d8e9796a68ece84f.png  - Head Splitter: Extreme DMG, Foe-Def

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Hmm... I wonder if they could adapt the animated swords from the Apex TF into temporary pets/pseudo-pets for the ranged attacks...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
37 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Web Control

I like the idea, but some being grenades and others not could make it kind of cludgy.  I wonder if they could separate the web hold and ground splat effects from the attack animations.  They could also combine the descent effect some spider mobs create when summoned, so maybe have those as temporary pets as well...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I like the idea, but some being grenades and others not could make it kind of cludgy.  I wonder if they could separate the web hold and ground splat effects from the attack animations.  They could also combine the descent effect some spider mobs create when summoned, so maybe have those as temporary pets as well...

Yea I would like it to be all organic webs and not have the grenade

5 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Web Control 

These are already in the game but it would need more to be fleshed out to become an actual set anyone have any ideas to add???

image.png.61a257c0bce66da283981b898e911c11.png Cocoon (Only Level 40 and up) Ranged, Foe Hold
Envelopes the target in a cocoon of webs. They are held helpless and unable to act.

image.png.bae0de1f4071eb86ea2b395dd9d1fca5.png Entrap (Only Level 40 and up) Melee, Foe Hold
Envelopes the target in a cocoon of webs. They are held helpless and unable to act.

image.png.5a03b6140bd5478048d8d45995534d87.png Web Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Immobilize, -Fly, -Recharge, -Jump, -Speed
You have been caught in a web. You cannot move or fly and your attack speed is reduced.

image.png.36cd35f400ee10635f4548f6c4dee117.png Wide Area Web Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Immobilize, -Recharge, -Fly, -SPD, -Jump

4 hours ago, biostem said:

Five power established... both single target and AoE immobilize and hold... plus a good pet idea, because most control sets include a pet.

Control sets typically lean into the hold an immobilize, then have a smattering of confuse, disorient, sleep, and slow effects, so let me suggest a few ideas:

• Entangling Webs:  A targeted AoE like the Wide Area Web, but it has a stronger -SPD and also adds a -ToHit and -DMG debuff because the entangling effect is hindering both aim and ability to lean into the attacks with one's full force.
  • Blinding Web:  Single target confuse and -ToHit as the controller covers the opponent's eyes with web, causing them to lash out at whoever but also because they're blinded their accuracy is affected.
  • Suffocating Web:  Ranged Cone that applies -SPD and -Recovery because it webs up targets and also covers their breathing passages, making it harder to recover Endurance while affected.

Just need one more idea to round out the set with nine powers.

• Like 1

• 5 months later
On 3/26/2024 at 4:01 AM, Player2 said:

Five power established... both single target and AoE immobilize and hold... plus a good pet idea, because most control sets include a pet.

Control sets typically lean into the hold an immobilize, then have a smattering of confuse, disorient, sleep, and slow effects, so let me suggest a few ideas:

• Entangling Webs:  A targeted AoE like the Wide Area Web, but it has a stronger -SPD and also adds a -ToHit and -DMG debuff because the entangling effect is hindering both aim and ability to lean into the attacks with one's full force.
  • Blinding Web:  Single target confuse and -ToHit as the controller covers the opponent's eyes with web, causing them to lash out at whoever but also because they're blinded their accuracy is affected.
  • Suffocating Web:  Ranged Cone that applies -SPD and -Recovery because it webs up targets and also covers their breathing passages, making it harder to recover Endurance while affected.

Just need one more idea to round out the set with nine powers.

Here are two versions of what web control could be like.

Web Control

Power Name

Level

Effect

Sticky Thread

Ranged, Moderate DoT(Toxic), Foe -SPD, -Jump

Web Cocoon

Ranged, Moderate DMG(Smashing), Foe Hold, -Rech

Web Net

Ranged (Targeted AoE), Minor DoT(Toxic), Foe Immob, -Fly

Spider Sense

Toggle: PBAoE, Foe -Perception, -ToHit, +DEF(Self)

Web Slingshot

Ranged (Cone), Foe Knockback, -Fly, Self Teleport

Web Trap

Ranged (Location AoE), Minor DMG(Smashing), Foe Immob, -SPD

Venom Spray

Ranged (Targeted AoE), Minor DMG(Toxic), Foe Sleep

Web Fortress

PBAoE, Foe Immob, -Rech, +DEF(Self and Nearby Allies)

Spider Swarm

Summon Spider Swarm: Melee, Moderate DMG(Toxic)

Power

Level

Effect

Web Tether

Ranged, -Fly (Foe), Immobilize (Foe)

Sticky Snare

Ranged (Targeted AoE), Immobilize (Foe), -Movement (Foe)

Silken Sleep

Ranged (Single Target), Sleep (Foe), -Rech (Foe)

Web Net

Ranged (Cone), Immobilize (Foe), -Speed (Foe, All)

Entangling

Threads

PBAoE (Toggle), -Speed (Foe, All), Immobilize (Foe)

Cocoon Bind

Ranged (Single Target), Hold (Foe), -Rech (Foe)

Web Field

PBAoE (Toggle), -Movement (Foe, All), -Speed (Foe), -Fly (Foe)

Spiderling

Swarm

Summon Pets (Spiderlings), Immobilize (Foe), -Movement (Foe)

Web Queen

Summon Pet (Web Queen), Hold (Foe), -Rech (Foe), Buff (Allies)

On 3/15/2024 at 9:09 PM, KingCeddd03 said:

image.png.6a657259d0b4843ce37df7c0f095a8ed.png  - Hack: Melee FOE -Def

image.png.f487ae3e1f9dcf5af8fd7473a705bf8a.png  - Throw Sword: Range, Foe- Def

image.png.8a11fd4331d596870042d9ef87968a32.png  - Parry: Melee, Self + DEF

image.png.42d625ed12c88c200f09152eca9fcff0.png  - Build up: Self+ DMG

image.png.470b3db42211b37e2c48b5e99ceb190c.png  - Whirling Sword: PBAoE Foe -Def

image.png.ad46d76020121810c213dfbf339ad764.png  - Flying Swords: Range Cone, Foe- Def

image.png.e0fe9e4875c23fa193a9d4abe882236b.png  - Edge Slash: Close Range, with energy stored in your sword you release a slash of energy at a foe

image.png.a5e6beaa9b87625de254e88c202abc88.png  - Sentient Sword:  Pet

image.png.d6692dd523102636d8e9796a68ece84f.png  - Head Splitter: Extreme DMG, Foe-Def

I have given this power more life.

Power Level Effect
Hack 1 Melee Attack: Deals moderate damage to a single target, reducing their defense (-Def).
Throw Sword 1 Ranged Attack: Hurls a sword at a target, dealing moderate damage and lowering their defense (-Def).
Parry 2 Melee Attack/Defensive Buff: Attacks an enemy with a sword while increasing your own defense (+Def, Self).
Build Up 6 Self Buff: Temporarily increases your damage output and accuracy, enhancing your attacks for a short period.
Whirling Sword 8 PBAoE Melee Attack: Spin in a circle, slashing nearby enemies and reducing their defenses (-Def, AoE).
Flying Swords 12 Ranged Cone Attack: Summon multiple swords that fly in a cone-shaped spread, damaging and debuffing enemies.
Edge Slash 18 Close Range Attack: Charge your sword with energy and release it in a powerful slash, dealing heavy damage.
Sentient Sword 26 Summon Pet: Summons a living sword that fights alongside you, slashing enemies with melee attacks.
Head Splitter 32 Melee Finisher: Delivers an extreme damage blow to a single target, significantly reducing their defense (-Def).

Credit to KingCedd03 for the idea

I had read that the last proposed set king made. I found it to be too much like another set that we have, so I decided to make some adjustments to make it its own set.

Metal Armor

Power                                          Level                                                 Effect
1. Steel Skin                                   1                                                     Auto: Self +Res(Smashing, Lethal)
2. Iron Muscles                              2                                                    Toggle: Self +Def(Smashing, Lethal, Energy)
3. Bronze Shield                            6                                                    Toggle: Self +Def(Energy), +Res(Energy)
4. Quick Silver                               8                                                    Click: Self +Res(Toxic), +Regen
5. Magnetic Sheen                       12                                                   Toggle: Self +Res(Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, End Drain), -Speed, +Def(Smash, Lethal)
6. Chrome Coating                       18                                                   Toggle: Self +Res(Fire, Cold), +Def(Fire, Cold)
7. Palladium Guard                      26                                                   Toggle: Self +Def(Negative Energy), +Res(Negative Energy)
8. Mind Alloy                                32                                                   Auto: Self +Def(Psionic), +Res(Psionic), +Perception
9. Adamantium Core                   38                                                   Click: Self +Res(All), +Def(All), -Damage, -Recharge