Sonic/Regen

Tankshock

Going to build for 45% Ranged Defense for max effectiveness.  That means a lot of full sets and pretty much no damage procs.  Any suggestions for a better way to go?  Seems like I'm not giving up much offense for high end survivability.  Should offer a lot of resistance debuff for teams, plus 17% to hit for all those pugs who never slot enough ACC for +4s.  😉

• Like 1

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Chikin: Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Scream -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Fast Healing -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Reconstruction -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(42)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 6: Shout -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(11)
Level 8: Amplify -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Instant Regeneration -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 12: Shockwave -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(13), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(42)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 16: Dismiss Pain -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal(25), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25)
Level 18: Sirens Song -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(21), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(23)
Level 20: Integration -- Heal-I(A)
Level 22: Screech -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(34)
Level 24: Resilience -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(39), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)
Level 26: Dreadful Wail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dam%(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 30: Moment of Glory -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 35: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(36)
Level 38: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Mind Probe -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Dominate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Link Minds -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), DSyncO:DSyncRechToHitDef(47), DSyncO:DSyncRechToHitDef(47), DSyncO:DSyncRechToHitDef(48)
Level 49: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 35: Afterburner
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
------------

• 2 weeks later

You don't really need to build for 45% defense on a Sentinel, especially on teams. But you can, it's just overkill. Drawing from my own experience I think a middle ground of 33% defense suits a Sentinel better, and when, if, taking damage then gobble a small purple to reach 45%. But it may be a dozen missions before feeling the need to eat a small purple.

Even solo I did the Trapdoor test with 33% defense and did not even need the small inspirations since we open with a nuke and mop up with AoEs which reduces a pack's size to half.

Bigger things noticed:

- No need for Tactics either since most your powers are already at 120%-ish/140%-ish to hit +3 enemies even with the Kismetic unique removed and both Tactics and Mind Link turned off.

Smaller details:

- Replacing the two generics for two Preventive Medicine will add 2.5% S/L resistance.

- Replacing two LotG in Maneuvers for two Reactive Defenses will add another 1.5% S/L.

- 5 slotting Brawl with Hectacomb hurts my soul. I would place those slots in Reconstruction and place a full Panaceia there if you are hurting for recharge. Then the spare slot could go to Integration for yet another two Preventive Medicine for another 2.5% S/L.

- You have the Shield Wall 5% resist unique slotted in but not the Reactive Defenses 3% resist.

- The slash proc in Dreadful Wail is going to be resisted more than a Eradication energy proc.

- Amplify with no slots is recharging in 35 seconds. Your nuke is recharging in 26 seconds. Try to spare a couple slots for Amplify in order for both clickies to align.

- Replace the damage in Dreadful Wail for recharge/accuracy.

If you do decide to try lowering your ranged defense to 33% you will have more slots to play around with, but keeping it at 45% will work just as well so it is your character and your decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, Sovera said:

Thank you, I hadn't turned on notifications and just saw this.  Totally forgot about the Reactive proc, gotta get on that.  I did level to Incarnate and ended up dropping Tactics.  Thank you for the solid insights!

• Thumbs Up 1