FIGHTINF POOL SYNERGY! (And other dumb pool ideas)

Just to preface, this isn’t exactly a pressing suggestion, more just some random musings on power pools, also a declaration of love for Fighting Pool’s attacks, so feel free to /jranger me if you disagree.

1. let’s have fighting pool powers have synergy with other pool attacks! Some specific ideas include having crosspunch can add a chance to chain attacks from Flurry of the Speed Pool, reflecting the ability of smacking nearby foes with your flurry of punches. Next synergy idea would be crosspunch increasing the target cap on Spring Attack from leaping (probably something small like by only 3 targets?). Last fighting pool synergy idea would be for boxing and kick to increase Air Superiority from Flying’s damage but also add a stun component for when they do get up. I’ll talk about Jump Kick when it gets a better animation.
  2. Though here’s a weird idea of synergy: seeing as you can only get one, what if the “super armor” power of Force of Will, Experimentation, Sorcery (and others when they’re added) granted some relevant damage process to pool power attacks for their active duration? Like toxic for experimentation, psionic for Will, and energy with Sorcery? It’s out there but just a random thought.
  3. I will now make my own attempt at a Sidearm power set. For a bit of context I would say the side arm set would operate on different attack modifiers depending on the AT using to let them be quasi-viable but also not make it feel like one AT massively benefits more from a set that’s nearly flavor. Also the range of all ST attacks would be 60 ft than normal 80.
  • Pot Shot - (Minor Lethal damage, Recharge:fast, single target ranged, foe: -def.) you fire a quick shot from your sidearm dealing minor lethal damage at a range.
  • Down the Sights - (Moderate lethal damage, recharge: moderate, single target ranged, foe: -def, chance (30%) for knockback) you take a carefully aimed shot with your side arm dealing moderate damage with a chance to knock your target off their feet.
  • Hair Trigger - (Click,  duration: 30 seconds, Self: Rech(special), -acc, -endcost(special), recharge:long) activating this power allows your Sidearm pool powers to recharge instantly and have a moderately reduced Endurance cost for the duration this power is active. You must have at least 1 sidearm power before you can select this one. (Recharge of this power is unenhanceable.)
  • Richochet (minor lethal damage, recharge: moderate , single target (chain up to +2) ranged, for:-def) You fire a shot from your side arm in such a way it has a chance to richochet off the initial target and strike up to two more enemies! You must have at least 1 other sidearm power before you can select this one.
  • Fan The Hammer (moderate lethal damage, recharge:slow, Cone (40 ft, by 30 degrees) ranged AoE, foe:-def) you quickly fan the hammer of your sidearm allowing you to rapidly shoot in an arc in front of you dealing moderate lethal damage. You must have at least 2 sidearm powers before you can select this one.

I actually like the proposed Sidearm pool. Hair Trigger though. Is that instant recharge just when you first activate the power or for the duration? If for the duration, that would be waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy OP. (Edit: Maybe change Hair Trigger to grant a large recharge bonus only applicable to powers from its own pool instead of instant recharge?)

Edited by Rudra

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

I actually like the proposed Sidearm pool. Hair Trigger though. Is that instant recharge just when you first activate the power or for the duration? If for the duration, that would be waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy OP. (Edit: Maybe change Hair Trigger to grant a large recharge bonus only applicable to powers from its own pool instead of instant recharge?)

How powerful Hair Trigger is depends more upon the activation times of the powers than the recharge times of the powers.

Having constant-cast powers, unless they have ungodly long activation times, is going to be over the top. If Hair Trigger only sets the pool powers to all ready for immediate use when activated, but only granted a good recharge reduction effect for the rest of the duration, I would be fine with that. Not a grant all pool powers from this pool instant recharge for the next 30 seconds.