whats up with KB from NPC?

Dark/Savage tank with 7 KB protection from IOs getting knocked around in level 30 TF. thought that was adequate.  I had a corrupter with flight/hover running today and actually thrown backwards out of range of buffs powers instead of just flipped, out of range of heals and buff.

Is KB resistance needed next to KB magnitude?

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Depends who and what you're fighting. 4 covers most things. 8 handles 90% of what that doesn't cover. There are still some things that might knock you around.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Council have some grenade launchers and if you're fighting at +levels the mag will get amplified.  7, quite frankly, isn't going to be sufficient for a tank, it'll be more than enough for most but I'd at least go for another 3 (like a pvp bonus) or 4 (special io).  In the meantime there's a base empowerment buff for 10 points protection that lasts 90 minutes.  That'll cover you until you start doing content that disallows temp powers.