Problem with Ninjas solved

Diantane

Tried a Ninjas/Kin mm, but they weren't in melee range all the time. Sometimes I could give them a 15 to 30% damage buff with siphon power, but I couldn't keep them healed and they died A LOT.  Finally gave up on it, but before I did I noticed that they had a good amount of defense. Got an idea.

Rerolled a Ninja/FF mm. Giving them a higher DPS with siphon power didn't do much if they were dead, so I increased their defense. It worked and ran them up to level 37 so far.  They just don't die much (let alone take damage). Trained the medicine pool for the few times they did (the team's aoe heals helped too). The bigger shields (dispersion, repulsion field and dampening bubble increased their defense. Plus using repulsion bolt and force bomb kept the foes off their feet so they couldn't do damage to he ninjas much. Also trained leadership (maneuvers (3 slotted with def), assault and tactics)). I didn't bother with the attacks. I already had plenty to do.

Another reason I liked ninjas is because they often get crit's and they are very fast fighters.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/8/2023 at 6:01 PM, Diantane said:

Tried a Ninjas/Kin mm, but they weren't in melee range all the time. Sometimes I could give them a 15 to 30% damage buff with siphon power, but I couldn't keep them healed and they died A LOT.  Finally gave up on it, but before I did I noticed that they had a good amount of defense. Got an idea.

Rerolled a Ninja/FF mm. Giving them a higher DPS with siphon power didn't do much if they were dead, so I increased their defense. It worked and ran them up to level 37 so far.  They just don't die much (let alone take damage). Trained the medicine pool for the few times they did (the team's aoe heals helped too). The bigger shields (dispersion, repulsion field and dampening bubble increased their defense. Plus using repulsion bolt and force bomb kept the foes off their feet so they couldn't do damage to he ninjas much. Also trained leadership (maneuvers (3 slotted with def), assault and tactics)). I didn't bother with the attacks. I already had plenty to do.

Another reason I liked ninjas is because they often get crit's and they are very fast fighters.

Ninja\FF Is a solid pairing and will give them time to heal up when they get hit (if they survive it).  Personally I no longer take medicine on my MM's.  I'm happy to just re-summon since they're on such a short recharge and don't cost an arm & leg anymore to cast.  That said, you mentioned not taking the attacks and in many cases I can understand why, but at some point you might want to consider the up to 9% crit chance you can get with having all 3 bow attacks across all your ninja pets.  They don't even need to hit!  Early on I just slot them with a single endurance reduction IO and fire them off when I can to get that 9% crit chance increase and it does wonders.  I generally don't pick smoke flash though since it's duration is only 3s which creates a super small window for crits.

Ninja's can pretty much go with anything these days, but if you're enjoying FF (I have one and enjoy it) you are not alone.  It's a great combination and does have some synergy.

• Like 2

An Overwhelming Force KB -> KD piece slotted in the T1 henchmen is crazy fun. TBH, I usually slot that piece on all the T1 henchmen while leveling, but for some reason the Ninjas doing the knockdown always seemed like the knockdown was doing its part to help the AI make better choices.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tidge said:

An Overwhelming Force KB -> KD piece slotted in the T1 henchmen is crazy fun. TBH, I usually slot that piece on all the T1 henchmen while leveling, but for some reason the Ninjas doing the knockdown always seemed like the knockdown was doing its part to help the AI make better choices.

I think part of it is that their attacks are on a pretty quick timer (and activation time) and with 3 of them plucking away at things the amount of KD is noticable and provides a LOT of mitigation that the cardboard dragons desperately need.  I love my ninja MM's, but man when the RNG fails them (or high -def debuffs happen) they crumple fast.

Overwhelming force pays off huge for these little guys.

• Thanks 1

Try /time, ignore Time crawl, Time stop, and Slowed Response and Smoke Flash

Work in the  personal attacks, Maneuvers and have your final build work in Membranes in Farsight and Enzymes in Juncture.

And Temporal Selection can get by with two recharges

Also Mace Mastery Power Boost will make Farsight into godmode

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/16/2023 at 8:03 PM, kelika2 said:

Work in the  personal attacks, Maneuvers and have your final build work in Membranes in Farsight and Enzymes in Juncture.

This all makes sense, but why would you ignore Slowed Response?  It does AoE -DEF (which makes it mildly proc-able, at least for the additional -RES proc) and -RES.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, evetsleep said:

This all makes sense, but why would you ignore Slowed Response?  It does AoE -DEF (which makes it mildly proc-able, at least for the additional -RES proc) and -RES.

with farsight and supremacy giving lots of tohit i just cant justify the room needed for a 30 second duration debuff thats -22.5% resist, which gets lower because enemies do resist debuffs if a higher level, av, monster and so on.

common enemies die super fast and putting a power slot and upto 5 enhancement slots in slowed response for something that wont get as much use as one may think.  plus the tohit check on slowed response will have you biting your nails on high defense enemies like in ITF

The Power Analyzer from the p2w vendor was a blessing and a curse.  mostly a blessing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/16/2023 at 5:03 PM, kelika2 said:

Just started playing again after a few years.  Happen to have a final mids build for your Ninja/Time build?  Would greatly appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/18/2023 at 6:36 PM, kelika2 said:

with farsight and supremacy giving lots of tohit i just cant justify the room needed for a 30 second duration debuff thats -22.5% resist, which gets lower because enemies do resist debuffs if a higher level, av, monster and so on.

common enemies die super fast and putting a power slot and upto 5 enhancement slots in slowed response for something that wont get as much use as one may think.  plus the tohit check on slowed response will have you biting your nails on high defense enemies like in ITF

The Power Analyzer from the p2w vendor was a blessing and a curse.  mostly a blessing.

I may be wrong (i easily could be) but the way i remember it being explained when the game was live, damage resistance does resist "-resistance" but the latter should essentially always give the advertised percentage of -resistance as an increase in damage dealt short of facing an enemy with 100% damage resistance (which will nullify -resistance 100%)

For survival i believe 50% resistance to damage received is as good as having 100% bonus health (total of 2x base health) but 90% resistance to damage received is just about equal to 900% bonus health (total of 10x base health)

I'm not factoring in regeneration