Storm/Regen or Storm/NRG is there a favorite yet ?

Heatstroke

/nrg is ridiculously strong in general and even moreso on Sentinels. /regen is OK.

If you're split between the two in terms of pure performance, /nrg is a clear win.

But in your case, trying /regen could be the best choice. New is fun, and you would also get some perspective on just how good your other /nrg alts have it... 🙂

Ultimately I made a storm/SR (started it as /regen, but found it a bit soft since you need to stay in the middle of things when solo to keep stuff in your storms). I'm not the biggest fan of storm blast, though it does have a good fun factor and looks great. I just find it a bit meh on teams, and I always team. 

I have come to the conclusion that SR is my favorite sentinel secondary though. It is yet another instance in which sentinels get the best version of a defense set. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For what it is worth I tried SR, EA, Rad, Fire and Regen on test and settled on Regen.

It does a good job of staying out of my way (which I find very important for storm) and still gives me a few buttons to recover from a bad situation. I have a version on test that I've used to solo Infernal, Chimera and just today Nightstar (who gave me a lot of trouble and I had to try out several different builds to finally beat) as AVs at +4/x8.

I'm sure there are sets and players that can do far more but I'm happy with those results. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Ultimately I made a storm/SR (started it as /regen, but found it a bit soft since you need to stay in the middle of things when solo to keep stuff in your storms).

Not sure what you mean here. None of the SB powers are PbAoE. They're all location or critter targeted. You don't have to be inside any of the effects for them to work.

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Not sure what you mean here. None of the SB powers are PbAoE. They're all location or critter targeted. You don't have to be inside any of the effects for them to work.

If you are solo, things will either stick around you because of aggro, or they will scatter like roaches with the lights on if they are in one of the storms without any other reason to be there (like you as a target). Personal aggro will keep them in place somewhat. On a team, regen is fine particularly if you have an aggro magnet like a tank or brute. I imagine you could build to find a way to keep things in place at a distance, but those are only so so in effectiveness (IMO of course). 

• Like 2