Earth/Storm

Flitwick

I’ve been trying to decide which I should go with, a Earth/Storm Controller or an Earth/Earth dominator, and finally decided to go with the Controller.

I’m not necessarily looking for a build, as I want to kind of figure things out as a go along, but since both Earth and Storm are a first for me, I’m wondering which powers (including power pool) I need and which I can leave out.

Thank you

For Earth, Salt Crystals is often skipped. Most everything else has a use. For Storm Summoning, they're all pretty useful in their own way. Though I've seen people skip Thunder Clap and some O2 Boost. Though O2 Boost is more than a heal and that part gets missed often, can be really helpful to prevent End Drain among other things.

For Earth/Storm I would consider not skipping Thunderclap since it can stack with Stalagmites.

I have skipped the single target immob, salt crystals and snow storm. I might pick snow storm later.

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

• 4 weeks later

Skip the following powers:

Salt Crystals: You will be using Freezing Rain and Earthquake, and they will wake up sleeping mobs. This is more of a tool against adds, and I think that Hurricane is very useful against adds while also being useful in other situations.

Quicksand and Snow Storm: You don't need movement debuffs, with Freezing Rain and Earthquake to knock down mobs, and Stone Cages to Immobiliize them. Quicksand's -Def is useful, but not enough to take it since both FR and Eq also put out a lot of -Def.

delay O2 boost until you're close to getting Animate Stone. On a team, you're too busy with debuffs and controls if things go poorly to have time for single-target healing, and it's not useful if the team is rolling. It's only useful to help someone tank an AV, so getting it late is quite acceptable.

Other than that, pretty much everything is useful. Gale not so much since you have two AoE knockdown patches plus Tornado and Lightning Storm, but it can be useful for a Force Feedback proc... and you can't skip it, anyhow. Thunderclap is great for stacking with Stalagmites, or you use Stalags to open and Stun the LTs, then you Hold the LTs while Stalag is active, and then use Thunderclap to extend the Stun on the minions, allowing you to perma-control a pretty large spawn other than the bosses.