Respec Usage Design Flaw

TymmyD

I had a free respec.  I used /respec to get into it.  I realized I wasn't ready to do it and hit the Back button.  It took my respec.

This is a serious design flaw as respecs should NOT be taken until you COMPLETE the respec, not when you open the respec window.

Please change this as it is extremely frustrating.  Thank you.

20 minutes ago, TymmyD said:

I had a free respec.  I used /respec to get into it.  I realized I wasn't ready to do it and hit the Back button.  It took my respec.

This is a serious design flaw as respecs should NOT be taken until you COMPLETE the respec, not when you open the respec window.

How do you know it was "gone"?  Did you log out and log back in, or use /respec_status to check?

Like @nihilii, I've been through more respecs than I can count, and backed out of them numerous times, and never lost the respec, so this would be extremely unusual behavior.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah this sounds more like a bug than design flaw. I've borked respecs in the past and not lost them.

Fun fact: If you do a respec and then have  a nice cup of tea you can be Aretha Franklin

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.