Seeking some advice on a "friendly gremlin"

biostem

I have this idea in my head for a "friendly gremlin" character - basically they are mischievous and cause enemies to have bad luck, while being tough to grab themselves.  I was thinking storm blast/martial combat could reflect this, with having a storm cloud over your head being a traditional way of depicting someone suffering a bout of bad luck, and martial combat reflecting my character being kind of "slippery" and difficult to catch.  What are your thoughts or do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks for reading!

Edited by biostem

You could add some power pool attacks to flavor, such as that leap attack in jumping and maybe the chemical AOE in experimentation. Edit: combat teleport also really rocks at portraying that too quick for you type character, especially with binds

Don't forget doms also have sets with knock down and confuses + /savage for weird attacks. Though I am not really clearly envisioning a friendly gremlin, I kind of see the pizza Hut noid or the electrical critter from the transformer cartoon 

Edited by VashNKnives

2 hours ago, biostem said:

I have this idea in my head for a "friendly gremlin" character - basically they are mischievous and cause enemies to have bad luck, while being tough to grab themselves.  I was thinking storm blast/martial combat could reflect this, with having a storm cloud over your head being a traditional way of depicting someone suffering a bout of bad luck, and martial combat reflecting my character being kind of "slippery" and difficult to catch.  What are your thoughts or do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks for reading!

When you say “causing them to have bad luck” i think debuffing.  A storm/dark Blaster or Corr might be an idea to look at

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

makes me think of the movie Gremlins :).  Gotta keep them away from water

Well, I was thinking more the WWII type that wrecks machinery and generally makes life a living hell for folks... only this one's friendlier!

Edited by biostem

Going to go way off normal for me and suggest maybe a dominator.... I'm thinking that lots of the primaries are sort of "tricky" and could be seen as "traps, snares, or potions."  The martial combat secondary throws things and does lots of kicking which sounds gremlin like to me.   Then for play style I would just constantly be running around to stay out of melee while I'm throwing out controls and ranged attacks.

I'd focus my build on ranged defense and recharge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow