Looking for divine inspiration

Player2

Trying to put together a character concept and need a little help with the backstory.

I want to make a broadsword/willpower scrapper whose power comes from being blessed by a deity that lets her steal power and luck from enemies and use it for herself.  Powerwise, this will be represented in individual powers like Parry, Rise to the Challenge, and Heightened Senses.  Where I'm getting hung up is looking for a proper patron to grant such power.

Any suggestions for a mythological figure that would fit the bill?

3 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Top of my mind:

Nike, for Victory, of going blue. 

Apate, for Deceit, if going red.

Though I always hesitate to draw from the Greco-Roman mythos in this game.

I was kind of hoping to avoid the Greco-Roman stuff also.  Also, most likely red... or kind of purple.  A true rogue, playing both sides and being in it completely for herself.

Reynard the Fox or Br'er Rabbit

It could also be fun to use the God Binder concept from the comic book / RPG Die. I immediately thought that Mistress Woe from Die would be a fun goddess for this concept. Because every time you call on her to help it goes into her ledger and when that bill finally comes due... there's going to be hell to pay (which in game would be a good reason to have to run one of those challenges where the enemies are buffed and you are debuffed )

Hmm for a rouge or any adventurer, I might suggest the lesser known goddess Tymora.

She is a godess of luck and chance who is worshiped with a cup of spilt wine. 

In a different game the said goddess Blessed my bard with a Luck blade by chance in a fight

with a creature who could only be defeated by magical weapons. So that said might fit your Idea.

AV

Ps thanks for helping me remember "Cobolt the Bard"

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page