Homage to villian from Superman 4?

Thrax

Wow, now there's a movie I forgot even existed.  I had to go read up on it to even remember the plot.  

He was kind of a Superman clone-gone-wrong no?  Maybe Elec/SS/Energy (gotta have dem eye beams, no?)

Now there's a request I never thought I'd see.  "Nucular man!" -Gene Hackman

I just rewatched some clips from that hilarious movie.  Here's what you need to consider:

1) Electric powers - even though he is glowing, and has electricity around his body, he rarely does anything with it.  There is one scene where he shoots electric blasts to blow up the wall of China (LMAO).  Mu mastery could cover this.  
2) Electric aura - I would just use the electric aura and color it yellow/orange. (the cosmetic, although I later realized the armor could work too)
3) Invulnerability - Even though he is "nuclear" and appears to be radioactive, he doesn't use radioactivity as a power or as a source of protection.  It's just a plot device because the movie is about removing nukes from planet Earth.  He is very similar to Superman in that he is just highly invulnerable to harm.
4) Super strength or claws?  He appears to have both, but the thing that really almost kills Superman were his nasty claws.  
5) Frost breath - Just a note that he has this just like Superman.
6) Ambush predator? - In many of the scenes, he sort of ambushes Superman after destroying something to get his attention.  (This is a trope from all early Superman movies.  "He actually cares for these "humans"?)  It's possible stalker could fit into lore.

I feel like with all this in consideration, some kind of claws or poison spines are more appropriate since that appears to be his most deadly weapon.  If I were roleplaying this, I would consider the possibility that Nuclear Man wasn't defeated but instead roamed the universe seeking more powerful sources of radiation to fuel his power.  In doing so, he continued to mutate and degrade to a more corrupt and sinister form.  His nails, which were once retractable and slender, grew into hideous spines which protruded from all over his body.  Hated and relentlessly pursued after murdering Superman (alternate movie ending), he now hides in the shadows waiting to kill and maim anyone foolish enough to get within his reach.

The other option is just straight super strength/inv with mu blasts, but I feel like it is a bit too vanilla and doesn't differentiate him enough from all the Superman knockoffs.  Those claws were absolutely imperative as a plot device and it almost killed Superman.  They were radioactive, but functioned like poison.  Just my two cents.  Good luck, NUCULAR MAN!

p.s. After thinking about it, I think elec armor would work just as well as inv and fits the theme.  

Edited by Nightmare Shaman

Brilliant assessment, bravo!

2 hours ago, Nightmare Shaman said:

1) Electric powers - even though he is glowing, and has electricity around his body, he rarely does anything with it.  There is one scene where he shoots electric blasts to blow up the wall of China (LMAO).  Mu mastery could cover this.  

image.gif.b8dcbbe61438ba471fc5a437a52ef0dc.gifI would add that Ionic Judgement would also be appropriate, if you wanted (or needed) a different Epic pool, especially if it's only used sparingly, but to great effect.

Edited by PLVRIZR
formatting

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

He was born in the heart of the sun, when a hair of Superman's was attached to a nuclear missile.  Superman also suffered radiation sickness fighting Nuclear Man.  The vague electrical aura could just be a costume aura, but his only real ranged use of power in the movie was when he attacked the Great Wall, and it's so close up it could be generously described as "some form of yellow, non-physical attack".  He DOES match Superman's strength, so saying he's Super Strength is likely accurate, but I'd probably say Radiation Armor for his Primary.

• 8 months later