Shield Proliferation? what would you make with it?

ryokoryu

Well, assuming that Against All Odds and it's +Dmg is proliferated;  I would think that Fire would be a natural choice.

Then, I thought about the synergy of -ToHit with Shields +Def; so, I thought Dark would be fun.

Then, I thought about how Shield Charge is pulling you to the center of Melee; so, sets with PBAoEs (like Electricity's Short Circuit or Radiation's Irradiate and Atomic Blast) would be fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bellicose said:

Well, assuming that Against All Odds and it's +Dmg is proliferated;  I would think that Fire would be a natural choice.

Then, I thought about the synergy of -ToHit with Shields +Def; so, I thought Dark would be fun.

Then, I thought about how Shield Charge is pulling you to the center of Melee; so, sets with PBAoEs (like Electricity's Short Circuit or Radiation's Irradiate and Atomic Blast) would be fun.

But what are your concepts for those set combos.  With the elemental shields you can make your shield look like it was composed of electricity.  Sounds like a good concept for a mutant electric eel.

1 hour ago, ryokoryu said:

But what are your concepts for those set combos.  With the elemental shields you can make your shield look like it was composed of electricity.  Sounds like a good concept for a mutant electric eel.

Apologies. I interpreted  "what would you make with it?" as " "what would you pair with it?".  I don't really do concept characters.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:16 AM, ryokoryu said:

Creativity plays a large part in these things.  Colorizing, and other custom choices can bring about many different choices.  Then there's the author of such designs(ie you) molding it to your wants or your wants molding the design.   

That said, shield is likely not coming anytime soon proliferation wise, unless there's something I've not heard.   So, there are plenty of shields one can choose from to form the basis for one's wishes for an angel.  Electricity as you cite derisively for being a mutant electric eel would be your interpretation.  Others could come up with an electric thematic that they(and Im sure others would agree) matches an angel concept. Almost any blast set could be considered (yes even guns as I can cite some movies that went that route for you hehe).

Edited by Sanguinesun

On 6/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, Bellicose said:

Umm, fire blast doesn't have any melee powers. Fiery aura does. Everything you're thinking is synergizing is also a secondary power. 

You'd probably need a set which has more PBAOEs than normal. Primaries with  more than t9 PBAOEs are electric and radiation. You can pick up one more in a bunch of the different EPPs. The t9 PBAOEs are fire, dark, sonic, psi, DP, energy, radiation. Of course DP (plus archery, BR, and AR) won't combine since it needs both hands. 

If they do adapt shield for sentinels I hope it's just a set damage bonus power instead of dragging you into melee. While I do mix it up with some sentinel builds, I like the option of keeping my distance. Also, I would hope they pull a master brawler and give us a toggle status protection option. However I remember reading a dev on this a long time ago that making master brawler was a PITA so it is unlikely to happen again. Maybe just make it a toggle overall?

I suggested this not too long ago.  My presumption is that they'd likely have to impose some restrictions on what sets you can pair with it, like no AR, BR, DP, archery.  If that's the case, and since shield lacks a self heal, something like dark or water blast would seem like a natural fit.  That being said, since I already have several characters with dark and water blast, I'd probably want to go with something different - maybe ice or elec blast.  I haven't gotten into energy blast because of the knockback, but it could make for an interesting pairing as well...

On 6/30/2023 at 11:43 PM, smnolimits43 said:

i was just thinking of this, and how about making a boomerang set, that looks like your throwing your shield ??? 🙂

As while back they had their weekly thread about ranged sets and I suggested some sort of thrown set. Boomerangs would be neat, but a bit too specific and requiring lots of animation past other thrown options.