Thunderhead Aura Request/Question

Late in the beta for the last release the Storm Blast powers Storm Cell and Cat 5 were changed so that you could set the color of the lightning to be different from the color of the storm. 

Is it possible to do the same for the Thunderhead costume aura? I have wanted to use it on several characters but always end up frustrated that the cloud color and the lighting color are the same and usually one ends up looking bad. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MirrorDarkly said:

Is it possible to do the same for the Thunderhead costume aura? I have wanted to use it on several characters but always end up frustrated that the cloud color and the lighting color are the same and usually one ends up looking bad. 

I don't think auras work off of the same system as powers, even if some of the effects look similar - AFAIK, all auras only accept 1 color.  Compare the leaves aura to how you can color the nature powers...

2 hours ago, biostem said:

I don't think auras work off of the same system as powers, even if some of the effects look similar - AFAIK, all auras only accept 1 color.  Compare the leaves aura to how you can color the nature powers...

I would not be surprised if that is true and if it is time consuming to change I don't think it should be a priority. But if it's not difficult it would make that aura in particular many times more useful.

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that because auras are part of the costume system they are fundamentally different than power VFX. This means the second color has to be transparent, leaving only one color for us to customize. It's the same reason things like "Tops With Skin" only gets one customizable color -- the 2nd color needs to be transparent to allow the skin to show thru.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MirrorDarkly said:

I would not be surprised if that is true and if it is time consuming to change I don't think it should be a priority. But if it's not difficult it would make that aura in particular many times more useful.

Oh no doubt.  My guess, though, would be that the most likely implementation would be one where the clouds are a generic grey/white and only the lightning takes the color you select - they can "bake in" other colors to get around the limitation...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Oh no doubt.  My guess, though, would be that the most likely implementation would be one where the clouds are a generic grey/white and only the lightning takes the color you select - they can "bake in" other colors to get around the limitation...

I would be fine with that.  But if that is the case and if it's even seen as a reasonable project by the devs it should be added as new aura so that people who are using the existing one still can.  

• Like 1