Since, we seem to have an influx of new players. Repeat PSA about Freakshow Super Stunners

KaizenSoze

21 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

You get their full XP on the second defeat as well, but as an "exchange", Freakshow of basically all types are only worth 80% the normal XP relative to other mobs of their same level.

image.png.f5e4f4c1281d8e72b2b22b3c84a109fa.png

I can only say the last Metal Smasher was a rez. Other than that, mix of rezzed and first defeat. No difference in XP.

Just in case anyone's needing visual confirmation on getting XP or not.  🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I can only say the last Metal Smasher was a rez. Other than that, mix of rezzed and first defeat. No difference in XP.

Right, but now compare that to the XP you'll get from Council or Sky Raiders at the same level.  The rezzed Freaks give the full amount of XP that they normally would but Freaks as a faction give less XP than other factions.  However, it's supposed to balance out, because while Freaks give only 80% standard XP, they have a 1/5 chance to rez, and thus give "double".  This was changed back during the game's original lifetime.

10 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Right, but now compare that to the XP you'll get from Council or Sky Raiders at the same level.  The rezzed Freaks give the full amount of XP that they normally would but Freaks as a faction give less XP than other factions.  However, it's supposed to balance out, because while Freaks give only 80% standard XP, they have a 1/5 chance to rez, and thus give "double".  This was changed back during the game's original lifetime.

Checks out.    If 80% of enemies give 80% normal defeat XP and 20% give 160% normal xp (twice 80%) then it's 0.8 * 0.8x + 0.2 * 1.6x = 0.96x or... almost the same xp averaged out over time.  Probably the numbers are tweaked a little so it comes out exact or they just figured that was close enough. 

Interesting to know... thanks.

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

Right, which isn't what I posted that to show. Only the "there's a difference / no XP for rezzed freaks."

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 4 weeks later