Earth/Psi vs Clamor

Frosticus

Clamor is a nasty low level AV. Radiation attacks and debuffs at a point in the game where few builds can protect themselves well.

There aren't a lot of builds (for any AT) that can exemp down and tackle the challenge that she presents head on.

Earth/Psi has been my newest project. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Earth is a powerhouse control set. Very strong aoe control and (situationally) the most single target control for doms. Psi Assault is a proven aoe blender and potent AV killer.

Penelope Yin TF

In this TF she will teleport out at half health. At this point you will be swarmed by ambushes. These ambushes will either be laughably easy at x1. Or it will be "holy crap that is a sea of freaks" at x8

This demonstration of build mechanics is less about the AV and more about the potency of earth/psi without things like app powers and incarnates clouding the water.

• I use no: insp/temps/amps/click accolades
  • No deaths
  • I run it at +1x8
  • Lots of bosses. Sooooo many bosses.
  • It gets pretty intense and I make a lot of errors. Super sloppy play when she shows up the 2nd time
  • Clamor is not a threat 1vs1 at these settings for this combo
  • Clearing the final encounter takes about 19 min
  • Ignore overall TF time, I had errands to run

Sister Psyche TF

The older version of the TF lets you face her alone with no encounter gimmicks. It is a nice opportunity to see how strong your low level build is.

I take it a few steps further. This is a demonstration of build mechanics and understanding AV mechanics

• I use no: insp/temps/amps/click accolades
  • I face her as +3
  • I am never in danger, despite not playing particularly well
  • I kill her in 6.5 minutes

Edited by Frosticus
video links with preview image
  • Like 3

On 6/26/2023 at 11:58 PM, Parabola said:

Interesting combo. I like the use of sprit ward on rocky to make him even more tanky. Would you mind sharing your build?

It's actually hilarious how much he can tank if you focus on that aspect. 

It opens up some possibilities that I haven't seen from dominators.

I'm out of town for a week, but will post up a build when I'm back. 

• 2 weeks later

This is what I've been running for the most part.

Sometimes I swap around the slotting of animate stone to make him a bit more offensive if he is having an easy time tanking

[/img]
View This Build In MRB

Dominator (Earth Control - Psionic Assault).mbd

Edited by Frosticus
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ryokoryu said:

I wonder how much adaptation my ice/psi would need to do this.

You shouldn't have issues with the x8 spawns. I can do them pretty smoothly at +2x8 and sketchily at +3x8. /psi is pretty monstrous when you give it a bit of breathing room, which ice can do.

The issue will be the AV.  Earth is the only dominator primary with an answer. With stoney  tanking AVs are much more approachable.

That said, Clamor is so low level that drain psyche completely stops her regen at +2 and lower, so you could in theory try to fight her only when the triangles go down. 

It's a fun TF so I say go for it

19 hours ago, Frosticus said:

You shouldn't have issues with the x8 spawns. I can do them pretty smoothly at +2x8 and sketchily at +3x8. /psi is pretty monstrous when you give it a bit of breathing room, which ice can do.

The issue will be the AV.  Earth is the only dominator primary with an answer. With stoney  tanking AVs are much more approachable.

That said, Clamor is so low level that drain psyche completely stops her regen at +2 and lower, so you could in theory try to fight her only when the triangles go down. 

It's a fun TF so I say go for it

So is Frosty that much less tanky?  also I notice u take the ranged powers from psy whereas I tend to take the melee. is that more preference or is it important?

Edited by ryokoryu

2 hours ago, ryokoryu said:

So is Frosty that much less tanky?  also I notice u take the ranged powers from psy whereas I tend to take the melee. is that more preference or is it important?

It's not that Frosty can't survive its that Stoney has taunt on his attacks. So as long as he is hitting he will hold aggro. You can see Clamor almost never directly attacks me while stoney is alive. Occasionally he will be tohit debuffed, or run out of end enough to lose aggro (his taunt is only about 8.5 seconds against +3s)

Unless you do very low damage you will quickly peel aggro off of Frosty and being the primary focus of any AV is challenging.

Re: ranged attacks vs melee attacks from /psi?

Tk Thrust is definitely a better attack than subdue except subdue can take the +dam ATO and sometimes standing in melee range just isn't an option.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ryokoryu said:

Out of curiosity, why infiltration instead of stealth?

No particular reason other than it is a bit faster moving than ninja run and gets around in-mission well. I've dropped concealment for leadership now and originally took it for the lotg spots. 

I think Leadership is more beneficial (most of the time).