How would Energy/Poison be for soloing

ryokoryu

Poison is a tough set to solo unless you go water or dark for your primary.  Your debuffs have small radii except for Venomous Gas and you have no self heal to fill in the gaps.  That's where dark and water come in, both have a self heal.

What this team needs is more Defenders

10 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Poison is a tough set to solo unless you go water or dark for your primary.  Your debuffs have small radii except for Venomous Gas and you have no self heal to fill in the gaps.  That's where dark and water come in, both have a self heal.

You could probably do ice too, you'd have three holds to stack pretty easily. Dual Pistols loves being in melee, but the only real defense buff in that set comes from the nuke.

3 hours ago, Bellicose said:

Additionally, Poison likes it opponents close together and Energy has a tendency to spray the baddies around the battlefield.

which is why I am plannning to slot overwealming force into them

4 hours ago, Bellicose said:

Additionally, Poison likes it opponents close together and Energy has a tendency to spray the baddies around the battlefield.

1 hour ago, ryokoryu said:

which is why I am plannning to slot overwealming force into them

Overwhelming Force KB->KDcan only go into one slot (it is a Unique), but the KB powers can take Sudden Acceleration KB->KD (That set is not Unique). There is something else slightly different about Energy compared to other primaries: It doesn't have a damage-over-time component. DOT is something that takes a while to get used to. I have grown to appreciate DOT for characters where I have to do a lot of target-switching anyway (as well as characters that do -Resistance).

I've been leveling an Energy/Time Manipulation, and I while I don't have a /Poison Corruptor I do have a /Poison Controller so I am not completely ignorant of how the powers play. I am NOT using KB->KD in the primary (Energy) attacks (sorry PUGmates!):

• The KB is a (poor, but not insignificant) form of protection
  • Every primary attack can be used for %damage and/or set bonuses
  • Time Manipulation has a few tricks (an early PBAoE toggle, a location-based slow) that allows me to have a radius where I am of extra debuffs

I think if you go Energy/Poison you will need to pay quite a bit of attention to switching targets, even with Knockdown... but especially without it. On my Mind/Poison Controller, I found that I did NOT like the way Venomous Gas worked/require me to play. I think on Corrs it has a 15' radius, in comparison the low-level choice of Time's Juncture has a 25' radius.

My suspicion is that /Poison on a Corruptor will be very good against single-targets, but rather uneven against large spawns. Part of this is because of the relative difficulty in raising Corruptor defenses (to counter LOTS of attacks and the RNG). If you go with this combo, I would absolutely plan to spam Envenom (as an attack with %damage, and with as many extra resistance debuffs you can fit it) so plan on giving it many slots.