COSTUME PIECE REQUESTS

Would love to see a red balloon. Not sure how to get something like that into the game. Ultimate wish on that would be a /balloon  emote. your character holds onto a small red balloon whilst gently spinning in the air. To quote a famous little honey bear, "I know I don't need it, but, I want it"

1 hour ago, Mr.Hassenpheffer said:

Would love to see a red balloon. Not sure how to get something like that into the game. Ultimate wish on that would be a /balloon  emote. your character holds onto a small red balloon whilst gently spinning in the air. To quote a famous little honey bear, "I know I don't need it, but, I want it"

Here's a weird idea! What if we got a red balloon costume piece that occupied the same costume slot as a halo? Except the balloon would be positioned slightly behind the character instead of overhead. And randomly, the balloon has a face and leers at others. Too weird for consideration?

Edit: And my apologies to @Mr.Hassenpheffer. I'm not trying to mock your idea. Though that would be more of an emote, I'm fine with it. Let the devs make balloon emotes (of different colors like we have for inner tubes). It just happened to give me a really weird idea when I read it. (Made me think of the 99 red balloons song and ghost pokemon at the same time for some reason.)

Edit again:

Bonus points for each of the following:

The face is similar to a Haunter's face.

There is a subdued/quiet creepy laugh or chuckle each time the face appears.

The balloon pops and goes away when your character is defeated, only to re-appear when your character is revived.

Why a costume piece instead of a vanity pet? As a costume piece, you never have to worry about the balloon getting lost or having to catch up, or being killed from enemies attacking it. (And for why a costume piece instead of an emote? That keeps it from disappearing because someone decided they wanted to buff you even while you are standing safely inside city hall for the sake of disrupting your emotes.)

Edit yet again: Some other things that could also be made to put there? A small ball of light. (What is that light? You tell us. It's following you around after all.) A butterfly. A bird. A fairy. A skull. (Burning or not.) A cupcake. A To Do List. I should probably stop now....

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Looking at the hairstyles again, I think it would be cool if there was an upper head style and a lower head style.  Basically like short hair on top, or bangs, and then the back could be short or long.

We have Water and now Marine Affinity power set, so it would be nice to make heroes/villians to represent the theme better, like:

• Head (Sharks, Dolphin, Walrus options for fins, mouth teeth)
  • Chest, Legs (Scales for tights and Monstrous option)
  • Tail (Fan out)
  • Back Piece (Fins)

The more to fit the theme for water-based heroes and villains the better

Edited by RoyalTree
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I would love to see Minions of Igneous permanent Halloween costumes. Perfect for the stone tanker or brute in your life.
 I would also love to see the Cybertech arm from Robotic Arm 3 made available for both arms, which I guess would be Robotic Arm 2.

Please and thank you!

Yours,

Firegoat

• 2 weeks later

I almost posted this as a separate thread, but then remembered that this thread existed.

Decoupling holstered weapons from weapon sets. Or in other words, letting you equip weapons cosmetically, in the same manner as wings and capes -- as costume options. E: shields, too! If we can't have a shield-oriented offense, at least let me wield one cosmetically while I wallop people and play pretend.

Dovetailing with a request a few posts up for non-functional/decorative wings (for RPing purposes I'd imagine, or as Wonder Woman-esque armor elements). There's plenty of reasons one might want a weapon on their costume that they don't actually use, but it hardly matters; variety is the spice of life. And two of them exist in this game as it is, Ms. Liberty and Valkyrie (for a long time Valkyrie's spear was purely decorative, for those of us who might not have been around in the Long Long Ago, the Before Times).

Edited by Jack Spanky
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 2:06 PM, RoyalTree said:

We have Water and now Marine Affinity power set, so it would be nice to make heroes/villians to represent the theme better, like:

• Head (Sharks, Dolphin, Walrus options for fins, mouth teeth)
  • Chest, Legs (Scales for tights and Monstrous option)
  • Tail (Fan out)
  • Back Piece (Fins)

The more to fit the theme for water-based heroes and villains the better

Hi, non bikini style female swimsuits would be a start or wetsuits/surf gear. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

Would love some Tartan clothing, but understand that with our two colour system atm tartan is virtually impossible but I can get a reasonably decent effect with two colours however to do so I need more Plaid patterns. 

Can we get the Plaid design as used on the skirt/kilt pieces on a few shirts and pants please.

Would love to get me a golf themed character.

8 hours ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, non bikini style female swimsuits would be a start or wetsuits/surf gear. Thanks

You can already make non-bikini swimsuits for females in the game. I'm going through the character creator to check options, and these make standard one-piece swimsuits. For the bottom, you use a bikini bottom. For the top, you use one of the Cybertechs, Frost, Jungle Sheer, one of the Keyholes, Mod, Strapless, or Tank Top. For a non-standard one-piece, choose something else. For a wetsuit or surfer outfit, choose one of the ones with sleeves with Athletic Shorts.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Jack Spanky said:

That's a pretty chunky kludge when a simple "bathing suit, top and bottom" set would be much more reasonable and elegant.

Female bathing suit bottom: Bikini or athletics shorts under Bottoms with Skin depending on what you are going for. Female bathing suit top: BIkini, strapless, or whatever else completes the look you are looking for. (Edit: Unless you want a wetsuit. Then you just use tights for the top and bottom.)

You know what adding Bathing Suit Bottom and Bathing Suit Top would do? Duplicate what we already have. It isn't a pretty chunky kludge, it is how the game is designed. You take the elements the game has and you combine them to make what you want.

Edit again: Take Strapless from the Tops with Skin for instance. What is it? Well, if paired with the bikini bottom, it is a strapless one-piece swimsuit. Paired with a skirt, it is a strapless dress. Paired with pants, it's a strapless top worn with pants or a strapless bodysuit with pants worn over it. What about Cybertech? Well, now you have a cybertech swimsuit, dress, or other outfit. Take your pick. Tank top? You have a tank top style one-piece swimsuit, or you are wearing a tank top shirt with your skirt or pants. Make what you want rather than expect the devs to make it for you.

Edited by Rudra

Looking at where the costume creator is now vs. where it was at game launch... no, I don't believe you have a leg to stand on. In fact, this entire thread is a monument to your wrongness. "Making do" is the exact opposite of what this whole game brought to the genre in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Jack Spanky said:

Looking at where the costume creator is now vs. where it was at game launch... no, I don't believe you have a leg to stand on. In fact, this entire thread is a monument to your wrongness. "Making do" is the exact opposite of what this whole game brought to the genre in the first place.

There is a difference between asking for something new or asking for a change to something that already exists as opposed to asking for what we already have to be duplicated for the sake of a name. Even Katana and Broadsword are not duplicates of each other. One is a two-handed weapon approach and the other is a one-handed. As opposed to asking for a way to make something we already do in game.

Edit: Now if you were asking for a new version with a different style? Then I would agree with you. Just asking to be able to make one-piece swimsuits for females though? We already can.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1