Home Town Radio Missions...

Ultimo

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

Gonna be kinda weird to fight Carnies, Malta, and other factions with no presence in KR in KR. Not saying that is a reason to not, just saying it's going to feel weird. To me at least.

If this is really an issue with running level 50 scanner missions in Kings Row, there are several of the level 50 scanner mission groups that do spawn in Kings Row.

Just restrict to the groups that spawn in a zone to the type that can spawn there related to your level range.

So you could have Council, 5th Column, CoT, Tsoo, and Psychic Clockwork for level 50 scanner/radio missions in Kings Row for example.

This would complicate the programing as you would have to set-up a list of possible enemy groups that varies as there are some levels where villain groups don't have coverage for all villain groups related to a zone.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

55 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

for radio missions.

55 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

This is basically what I meant from the start.  Since the mission scales to whatever level you are, why restrict us from going in them?  AE missions also scale to the character... so I didn't think it would be an issue to use the same systems to make it work for radio missions.

The Ouroboros was setup to cover this with regular missions.

What if you could get a Safeguard arc from a contact in the Ouroboros which would work like a flashback arc. You get the number of missions required to unlock the safeguard and the safeguard mission when you run it. It auto exemplars you down like the Ouroboros usually does.

As always, I don't know the easiest route of programming need to get what you are trying to achieve, but the easiest path is to lock one character to the Kings Row level range or get someone that is in that level range to pull scanner missions for you in the zone. You can still keep the star and have them pull the missions so they don't have to bother with the hassle of being team lead (that some many people seem to fear).

• Like 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

10 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

If this is really an issue with running level 50 scanner missions in Kings Row, there are several of the level 50 scanner mission groups that do spawn in Kings Row.

Just restrict to the groups that spawn in a zone to the type that can spawn there related to your level range.

So you could have Council, 5th Column, CoT, Tsoo, and Psychic Clockwork for level 50 scanner/radio missions in Kings Row for example.

This would complicate the programing as you would have to set-up a list of possible enemy groups that varies as there are some levels where villain groups don't have coverage for all villain groups related to a zone.

It is not an issue. I was merely noting that it would feel weird. Anything new that changes how I experience the game is always weird. Then I eventually get used to it.

And given the amount of work that would be required to create level 50 appropriate versions of groups that don't scale that high, I feel it would be best if the OP just stuck with factions that reached the correct level for the character/team.

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It is not an issue. I was merely noting that it would feel weird. Anything new that changes how I experience the game is always weird. Then I eventually get used to it.

And given the amount of work that would be required to create level 50 appropriate versions of groups that don't scale that high, I feel it would be best if the OP just stuck with factions that reached the correct level for the character/team.

All of the groups I listed scale to 50. Some of them have a break between like 25-35 or something like that.

The Psychic Clockwork would be the alternate when the Clockwork are outleveled. I think that would give them a level range absence as well.

28 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

This makes more sense to me.

You can get level 50 Tips in Altas, so why not level 50 scanner missions in Kings Row?

I don't know the coding involved, but this seems to be a simpler "fix" than a level slider in the options menu.

Tips and radios/papers don't work the same. Once tips are unlocked, you can get them randomly from any defeated foe. No contact interaction required. They are level-locked for what tips you can get, so you can out-level specific tips until you reach the 41-50 range, but you can always get tips even from grey mobs once they are unlocked. So when you defeat a foe, the game checks to see if a tip drops, checks your actual level, and assigns you a tip from a pool of level-assigned missions. These missions are always the same. The same foes, the same map, the same objectives for any given tip mission.

Radios/papers however are contacts. They aren't random drops like tips are, you "speak" with your contact who is always available through a "phone" and that contact gives you a choice of 3 missions to choose from. Like those contacts in First Ward/Night Ward that give you a constant choice of 2 missions when you speak with them. Which as far as I can tell, locks them to their appropriate zone as a contact.

So to make radios/papers always available to the player regardless of what zone they are in would be to make contacts able to grant their missions regardless of character level. Which likely would mean that a high level character would be able to get grey missions from the out-leveled contact. Unless the contact system itself was changed.

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Tips and radios/papers don't work the same.

Agreed.