Looking for feedback on an Electric Armor/Rad Tanker

foosbabaganoosh

Hi there, not sure how to properly export the build details to a text post so just attached the file here. Just kind of took a crack at making the build and actually managed to get to numbers I thought would work well (pre incarnates). Most resistances at 90 and melee defense over 45. Put a lot into regen and even got recharge to a point where I believe I have perma-hasten. I usually suck at builds so weirdly pleased with this, but definitely acknowledge I've got some blind spots when it comes to builds in general. Price is not an issue 🙂 but was trying to be mindful of not throwing purples at it egregiously to the point of waste. Appreciate any feedback! Also any tips on how I can export build details to text like people usually do for forum posts/sharing.

image.png.1556e03708a11e24ab3a58dad337868d.png

Tanker (Electric Armor - Radiation Melee).mbd

Edited by foosbabaganoosh

This build is not bad for a tanking tanker, or as I like to call them, turtle-tanks. In general, you've hit upon the right idea by attempting to hardcap most/all resistances and building for high recharge. Nevertheless, there are mistakes and inefficiencies in your build.

First of all, you do not, in fact, have permahasten. You may have mistaken this to be the case because the FF proc in kick is toggled on. you have 137.5% global rech. Assuming a standard slotting of 2x +5 level 50 common rech IO's in hasten, permahasten is ~156% with agility core T4, though in practice it's okay to be a few seconds off. I'll discuss some ways to boost rech below.

The Impervium armor +psi resist can be swapped for a 6th armageddon. This gives the same psi res, but 6% more tox res. Furthermore, instead of slotting the aegis proc and impervium proc, you can slot 2x impervium procs in different powers. It's not a big deal but the mez resist on aegis is not significant for an armored AT.

The preventive med proc can be removed and the slotting of energize changed to 6x prevmed. This gives slightly less rech enhancement, but slightly more FC and SL res and rech set bonuses.

The way you went about getting melee def in general can be improved. Melee def is an okay build goal for such builds because the sets required are generally ones you slot anyway in the course of pursuing res bonuses. However, 6x gaussian's is inefficient (the aoe and ranged def won't make a big difference) and so is 4x kinetic combat (typed defense, not positional).

Here is an example of an improvement:

• Slot tough: 4x unbreakable guard (incl proc - move it here from charged armor which is the stronger power)
  • Slot fusion: 3x adj targeting
  • My above suggestion re: prevmed should provide enough res that you are now res capped without the 4x multistrike in spring attack. Remove all slots from spring attack.
  • Redistribute the defense uniques in your other armor toggles.
  • Unslot kinetic combats.

You gained 5.25% EN res and 5 free slots at the cost of only 0.625 melee def (still softcapped). The higher enhancement value in Tough provides enough SL res that you can drop a piece of Might of the Tanker or Gauntleted fist (recommended to drop dam/rech) because you are still SL res hardcapped and do not need the SL res 6th slot bonus. Radioactive smash can be slotted with some other set you like, e.g. 6x hecatomb for F/C/psi/tox resistances, rech and acc.,

A different possibility is to slot 6x oblits in spring attack (if you actually desire to use the power) and remove gaussian's and kincombat.

You only have 55% -rech res. -rech res is important for most resist sets because you do not dodge debuffs, and slows are annoyingly prevalent - even the council, everyone's favorite whipping boys, have marksmen and galaxies. You can fairly easily fix this by putting a winter's gift +20% slow res in SJ and with a spare slot, mule 2x blistering cold in boxing. This gives 90% -rech resistance, a respectable amount. That said, superior blistering colds are like 25 million apiece so I understand if you demur. An alternative is 3x synapse's shock in power sink for 5% less slow resistance, if you can spare a slot.

If you can spare an extra 2 slots, you can slot weave as 4x shieldwall incl proc, 1x reactive defenses proc, 1x lotg 7.5. This gives 4.5% EN res, 2.25% HP and the same amount of regen. This, combined with my recommendations above, completely closes the negative res hole. This is important because nictus are a major endgame villain group.

• 2 weeks later