Reactive interface DoT not working

Pzn

The DoT for reactive interface is currently bugged.  It's supposed to do moderate fire damage but right now it normally tics only once for 12 damage.  It occasionally tics for the full damage but it's very rare.  It's completely worthless compared to how it worked on live.

Bumping to see if anyone else has noticed this or if I'm just crazy.  I swear I remember reactive interface being much stronger on live.  1 tic of 12 damage doesn't seem right for "moderate" fire damage. 

I checked old mids for numbers apperantly this entry was in it for reactive core flawless interface.

5 x 13.39 fire damage to self over 4.3 seconds (%75 chance, cancelonmiss, requires tohit checks)

What does this means it can stack up to 5 times and each stack does 13.39 damage considering fire resist is one of common ones i think 12 damage per tick is accurate however it should happen 5 times in a tick if you manage to stack it up.

I made earlier a bug report thread on the same issue, yes the interface damage procs do not work properly at all.

People have also been reporting even the debuffs dont work as intended in most cases, one gentleman suggested reactives resistance proc didnt seem to work either, neither does the fire damage.

Yes, you are correct, in live the proc procced properly on ALL attacks you got, on ALL attacks pet did, etc. Currently it seems that from my pets (im a mastermind) procs dont work worth jackshit. If they do, they barely proc one damage tick (where using my normal powers, it seems that procs seem to actually tick more than once)

Interface SEEMS to work alot more reliably with direct damage your charachter is doing, pet powers that should do it 'supposedly' should do it as you get a random proc once in a thirty hits maybe to work when running +75 percent damage proc chance.

What reactive should do, is yeah that about 14 point damage tics x 4 for each procced damagesource you hit enemy with. If letsay you hit rapidly with 2 powers, they should stack so theyre burning for 14 x 8 (yet damage ticks would be overlapping)

Of course its possible devs decided to alter how interface works, if so it would be nice if we would be informed.

• 2 weeks later

Came to similar conclusions testing Reactive Radial Interface, which should have a 25% chance to put a DoT on stuff.

1. It does not work on all attack powers (I tested about 4 powers in my main pool as a Water Corruptor) some just never caused the proc after 25+ attempts.

2. Considering #1, it's hard to test whether 25% is working properly. It seems like it happens way less but if you exclude all the powers that don't work then maybe it would be easier to know (shrug).

3. It only does damage once, never in a DoT.

4. The spell effect (on fire) is shared (I think) between the debuff and the DoT, which may be fine but makes testing a little harder.

5. Either "Rain" spells can't proc the damage but do proc the debuff, or the damage instance is just not visible. I can see my rain spells add the fire effect but I don't see any different numbers scrolling by and that stuff isn't reflected in my combat log.

Would really like to see a dev post about this so we know if this is getting fixed any time soon or what.

I'm having the same horrible experience with reactive.  Was the first interface I've ever crafted and it's total garbage. Tested for an hour running around dark Astoria with either my enforcers or my bruiser.

Proc rate felt all over the place, but was never remotely good.

The most common occurrence was one instance of 13-16 dmg per fight.  Maybe one in 10, there'd be two ticks.  Only once in an hour did I see 5 ticks.  I would guess it's also shared cool down, because it didn't seem any more or less frequent with the one bruiser out vs the two enforcers. Tried resummoning and re equipping Reactive, to no effect.

It's basically the worst ability in the game.  About the same damage output as brawl, with a tenth the frequency.

Please fix!

I'm having the same horrible experience with reactive.  Was the first interface I've ever crafted and it's total garbage. Tested for an hour running around dark Astoria with either my enforcers or my bruiser.

Proc rate felt all over the place, but was never remotely good.

The most common occurrence was one instance of 13-16 dmg per fight.  Maybe one in 10, there'd be two ticks.  Only once in an hour did I see 5 ticks.  I would guess it's also shared cool down, because it didn't seem any more or less frequent with the one bruiser out vs the two enforcers. Tried resummoning and re equipping Reactive, to no effect.

It's basically the worst ability in the game.  About the same damage output as brawl, with a tenth the frequency.

Please fix!

I wish there was a better way to bring this bug to the attention of the people working on HC.  Half of the interface abilities are completely broken and hardly anyone has noticed.  Several of my builds from live depended on reactive interface damage to make up for otherwise low damage powersets. 

I'm feeling the same way.  Wish there was some kind official acknowledgement. 

The DoTs not working makes interface the weakest of all the incarnate abilities by quite a margin.  I used to think Lore sounded bad on paper, but then I started toying with some of the pets and yowza.  They're kinda insane, limited duration or not.

Each Incarnate tier makes you feel one step closer to being a god, all except the sadly broken Interface.

• 2 weeks later
  • Developer

I'll get around to actually looking into what, if anything, is going on, but keep one thing in mind: This is a cancel-on-miss DoT, as are all fire DoTs. This means that every tick they check for that 75% chance, and if any given tick misses (25% chance of that happening) all subsequent ticks are canceled. 

I don't have my stuff around right now, but if i recall this right, your true chance to get ticks on a CancelOnMiss DoT is:

1st tick: 75.0%
2nd tick: 56.3%
3rd tick: 42.2%
4th tick: 31.6%
5th tick: 23.7%

IF that's all that is going on here, then it's working as intended.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

2 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

I'll get around to actually looking into what, if anything, is going on, but keep one thing in mind: This is a cancel-on-miss DoT, as are all fire DoTs. This means that every tick they check for that 75% chance, and if any given tick misses (25% chance of that happening) all subsequent ticks are canceled. 

I don't have my stuff around right now, but if i recall this right, your true chance to get ticks on a CancelOnMiss DoT is:

That's not how it worked on live.  It was a 75% chance for moderate fire damage that was always a consistent amount.  There was no consecutive proc check on each tick.  The power description would have been entirely different if that was how it was intended to function.  It's performing even worse in game than how you described it, so it's just broken.  It's not even a 75% chance for the first tick and much lower chances for consecutive ticks than those numbers.

Edited by josh1622

2 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Interesting that would explain a lot.

Makes sense too since its a perma passive its effect can't be too amazing.