Community Challenge: Base Scrawl

Easter Bunny

• Retired Community Rep

Community Challenge: Base Scrawl
                  - A Base Building Contest - 

base_Scrawl.thumb.jpg.5d23633dd8ea9b4225042a72d070be0a.jpg
(Arty the Alien featured above is an example of 2D art created in base by Garbage Wizard)

Special Guest Challenger: Garbage Wizard

The Challenge:
Garbage Wizard challenges YOU to get messy and flex your creative muscles to create a one-of-a-kind work of 2D art in the editor! Whether it's elaborate pixel art, a funky mural, a funny character, or some bussin' graffiti, the choice is yours and anything goes! Just be sure it abides by the Homecoming Code of Conduct.

Rules:

• Contest begins the moment this post drops - so it's already started! - and ends on August 19th at 6pm EDT

• Challenges are judged by the CRs and Garbage Wizard

• This is a 2D art challenge only. You CAN draw on the floor, or the wall, or the ceiling - or all 3! - but no 3D structures this time. And we won't be looking for any scene setting on this challenge

• Any materials may be used to create your art

• All works of art must abide by the Homecoming Code of Conduct

• Post your base code on this entry thread by the deadline to enter

• Entries may be solo work, or collaborations

• Valid entries must be made in a base created after the start of the contest. Meaning, all bases will have SG/VG codes higher than the following:

- Everlasting: 29703
    - Excelsior: 27245

- Indomitable: 9887
    - Reunion: 7785
    - Torchbearer: 13106

Recommendations:

• We suggest that you create your works of art inside the base entry room for the least amount of shift.

• Some bases suffer worse shift than others. Test your design early to see how bad shift might be. 

• Try out different walls (North, East, South, West) to see which holds a design best

Prizes:

The Winner of the Contest will get: 

• 2000 Merits
  • The gold title "Base Scrawl Champion"

In addition to this, Garbage Wizard is also contributing 500 Million Inf each to the Top 3 Runner-ups

And More...
For the Fine Print and additional info on Community Challenges (like, "How do I become a Special Guest Challenger??) please read the sister post here from CR Dacy.

As always, please have fun, challenge yourself and see what you can do!
- CR's Dacy & Easter Bunny and Special Guest Challenger Garbage Wizard

*Disclaimer: Contest judging is subjective and everyone's tastes are different. Please be kind to our judges who volunteer their time to run these community events. If you have any issues, please contact Dacy and Easter Bunny here or on Discord!

Edited by Easter Bunny
  • Like 5

(\/)     EB 
   ( . . )    Retired Community Rep  |  
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

• Retired Community Rep

Base Scrawl Base Submission Form:

Reminder, the deadline for the contest is Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 6pm Eastern (11pm GMT).

SG Leader's Global:
Discord handle (if applicable): 
Base or SG Name:
Shard:
Passcode:
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: 

• Like 2

(\/)     EB 
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

• 2 weeks later

SG Leader's Global: boopster
Discord handle (if applicable): Jessica0552
Base or SG Name: POPTART
Shard: Everlasting Excelsior
Passcode: POPTART-27273
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: just me

Edited by oddrobin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, oddrobin said:

SG Leader's Global: boopster
Discord handle (if applicable): Jessica0552
Base or SG Name: POPTART
Shard: Everlasting
Passcode: POPTART-27273
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: just me

image.png.858b06732a0b66b8d36b20c9536c4adb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

POPTART-27273 Worked great for one of my alts who isn't a member of the Poptart SG. Some player friends whose characters are not in the SG were also able to enter. I don't know what could be the matter. Would anyone else please try the base passcode POPTART-27273 on Everlasting to test it?

Oh my word. I built it on Excelsior. EXCELSIOR!!!!! LOL 😂 POPTART-27273 works *great* on Excelsior.

artcode.PNG

Edited by oddrobin
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:45 PM, Easter Bunny said:

Note: This is a submission on behalf of a player unable to post, this is not my base.

SG Leader's Global:@Lunar Witch

Discord handle (if applicable): Gray Oracle
Base or SG Name: Paragon Kinda Fine Arts Academy
Shard: Everlasting
Passcode: Dinorama-29705
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people:  just me 🙂 Grayston is my name btw.

mine is kinda a long mural, start on left side as you enter follow wall around, environment  is just to set the mood for the mural. :))

• Like 1

• Retired Community Rep

And that's a wrap! This post marks the end of the challenge! 

Thank you to EVERYONE who dedicated their time to playing along. We will endeavor to announce the victor by weekend's end. Thanks again!!! ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

(\/)     EB 
Active Base Advocate

5 hours ago, Gray Oracle said:

mine is kinda a long mural, start on left side as you enter follow wall around, environment  is just to set the mood for the mural. :))

Hmm. You present the base code as Dinorama, when you enter the base it feels like a diorama which is a 3d style of art. If you were to remove the enviroment there wouldn't be much there to show. If I was a judge (which i'm not) you would be DQ'd. Good luck on the 2D contest.

@Etched

@Gray Oracle You have talent and a great imagination, I just wished you hadn't wasted your time on environment and focused more on the 2D part. Honest, it is amazing piece of art that is well put together and I'll admit you created something that I wouldn't of been able to do but that is why I didn't enter this contest.

If I wished you luck it's cause I meant it, if you believe it or not.

With all that said I will be lookin forward to your 3D base.

@Etched

Nothing in-the-round was judged. Having said that, most of the creatures barely approached 2.5D and for me it was easy to see that was the intention. Gray Oracle did nothing wrong (and certainly nothing malicious.) There's no need for anymore argument.

• Like 1