Invincible S2

Well season 2 is coming so I've been rewatching Season 1 and reading wiki sites.  Should be a fun season.

As to Omni-Man and Invincible, in game terms I think I would classify them as:

Omni-Man: Willpower, super strength Tank      Omni can be injured but it takes a lot to do so and he regenerates over time.  He's also an adult Viltrumite in the fullness of his powers, unlike his son who just got them.   Since he can be injured and bleed, sometimes profusely, I cant see him as an Invul tank

Invincible:  Willpower, super strength, but he's more of a scrapper at the moment, imo; even though SS isn't available for scrappers at this time. 

He is less durable then his father at this time, but he is young and just got his powers.  The more he ages, the more he will toughen up.  His lack of durability definitely does not classify him as an Invul. character, though he can heal up like his father.  Also his fears and doubts do blunt his effectiveness, so yes Willpower.     Example of his being less durable then his father: The repeated attacks of the Flaxan invaders.  Omni-Man withstood their upgraded weapons with no problem, Invincible was having problems.  Omni then took the fight to their home dimension and....."explained" things to them.   Also the final episode of S1 shows the power difference between them is considerable.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

And there's a teaser too. Clearly S1 attracted a lot of good buzz. Because, quite rightly, they have two whole title cards showing off the cape and cartoon royalty joining JK and co this season: Hamill himself, Grey, Zazie, Clancy, Kari, LaMarrrrrr, KMR, Zach Quinto, Chloe Bennet, Tatiana, Diggs... and Flockhart? I'll allow it, but no dancing babies plz. That'd be just too weird and meta even for this show.

• Like 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 months later

I'm liking the second season, but I don't like how long it's taking to return to the cliff hanger (?) from the first season. Introducing all these new characters is diluting the serious tone that the last episode of the first season finished on. I never read the comics, so I'm not sure how much it's deviating from it's source material. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm liking the second season, but I don't like how long it's taking to return to the cliff hanger (?) from the first season. Introducing all these new characters is diluting the serious tone that the last episode of the first season finished on. I never read the comics, so I'm not sure how much it's deviating from it's source material. 

They are streamlining it. There is stuff being added or removed. There's a lot of villains in the comics, so it can take them all sorts of time to do the series depending on how many they want to cover. There are three giant sized graphic novels for it so my guess would be three seasons, but they absolutely have content for more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Robert Kirkman, the creator, wants at least 7 or 8 seasons to tell the full story.

Somethings are changed, such as the S2 episode with Atlantis being different then the comic.

Also when I heard the voice of Thaedus I had a big smile on my face........the famous voice of Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen!

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

5 hours ago, Voltor said:

Robert Kirkman, the creator, wants at least 7 or 8 seasons to tell the full story.

Somethings are changed, such as the S2 episode with Atlantis being different then the comic.

Also when I heard the voice of Thaedus I had a big smile on my face........the famous voice of Peter "Optimus Prime" Cullen!

That's who that was! I knew I heard the voice before 😄

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Side note: if you like your beat-em-ups, Omni-Man (voiced by JKS) is now in MK1 as a DLC character.

And gets some suitably choice lines.

He'll also be joined by Anthony Starr as Homelander, John Cena as Peacemaker, and one Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

What happened to these episodes?? They put out 4 then stopped, is that the end of the season?

It's taking a hiatus. 
https://www.gamesradar.com/invincible-season-2-release-schedule-prime-video-time/

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 3 months later
  • 2 weeks later