Costume Suggestion: More Animal Costume Pieces

Leowyld

Tone is lost on the internet.  Doubly so on a forum.

I find it’s best to always assume good intent from other posters until their actual words specifically say otherwise.  And that’ll come across in your posts as well.  Hell I argue a lot on these forums in opposition to things people say, but with one exception, there is no one that I wouldn’t team with in the game or grab a beer with IRL.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I agree. Tone can be an issue. But I just don't see any other interpretation to what was said other than that I should create my own stuff for the game instead of suggesting it on a suggestion forum. Unless you mean that was intended to be completely sarcastic. That's the only thing I see changing the meaning here.

I agree. Tone can be an issue. But I just don't see any other interpretation to what was said other than that I should create my own stuff for the game instead of suggesting it on a suggestion forum. Unless you mean that was intended to be completely sarcastic. That's the only thing I see changing the meaning here.

Nope, no sarcasm there. Take a look at the "offending" post again:

If you want to see a particular costume piece put in game, my best advice is to model and rig it, and then send it to the development team.  If it works and doesn't have issues, as I understand, adding costume pieces is always wanted by more players, so, build it, then send it and if it's of quality, they may just add it to the roster.

They offered their "best advice". Nowhere in that statement did they say that you shouldn't have posted, or that you do that "instead of suggesting it on a suggestion forum". You added that part yourself, in your own mind. It's okay, we all do this kind of thing, we're all our own worst enemies. Just try not to assume that everyone ELSE is ALSO your own worst enemy.

Relevant:

I'm out.

i think the main reason that reply is more applicable to a costume thread than other types of suggestion is that AT changes/power reworks/etc can be coded into another server but wouldn't necessarily be accepted if submitted to the Homecoming team, while costume pieces are highly likely to be accepted even if created elsewhere.

Many of the posters on Suggestions -- even in this thread -- do in fact have the skills to create things for this game, or are comfortable enough with the toolkit environment to be willing to learn them.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

People don't post in every thread they read.

... that doesn't make the "advice" that was "offered" here any better.

That post basically amounted to neither more nor less than "do it yourself or shut up".  Which is NOT constructive for a Suggestions forum.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

That post basically amounted to neither more nor less than "do it yourself or shut up".  Which is NOT constructive for a Suggestions forum.

Except they never said "shut up". Where do you see "shut up" in here?

If you want to see a particular costume piece put in game, my best advice is to model and rig it, and then send it to the development team.  If it works and doesn't have issues, as I understand, adding costume pieces is always wanted by more players, so, build it, then send it and if it's of quality, they may just add it to the roster.

I'm out.

I'd love to see some cartoon animal heads à la Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, etc., as I have a character that is essentially a 1930's cartoon character and the current animal heads don't look right on him lol

"I came here for a party and what do I get?

Nothing. Not even ice cream." - Groucho Marx

Except they never said "shut up". Where do you see "shut up" in here?

Look up the word "implicit".  The comment comes across as an attempt to shut down the conversation.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Pax, you are continuing an argument where no disagreement exists.  The person you are quoting said they didn’t mean it that way - let’s take them at their word.  The OP said he’s moved on, let’s honor that.

I now you mean well, but it’s unnecessary kicking of hornet’s nests.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

To follow up on the 'model it and send it to the developers' suggestion... Did the tools/instructions for generating .pigg-compatible meshes get included in the code leak? I wouldn't mind taking a shot at modelling more beast heads and the like in Blender if I knew how to get that model into a format the devs can use. All the stuff I can find online are about extracting stuff *into* .obj formats, not for shoving it back in to CoX. :)

• 4 weeks later