Costume Change cooldown

Starhammer

I'd like if the Costume Change cooldown were to be shortened a bit more. One of the things I like using it for is switching a jetpack or wings on/off on an otherwise same costume with the same bind that activates/deactivates Flight.

Optimally, it'd be preferable to have some sort of checkbox on "Back Options" to only display while airborne instead, because that'd make it easier to enable/disable jetpacks or wings across different costumes without having to make different binds for each, but that's a lot more work for not much more effect.

The limit isn't too bad currently, but it's still too easy for the pattern to become desynchronized and end up running with a jetpack and flying without 😕

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

ln theory doesn't this already exist?

You can buy temp power jetpacks that vanish when not in use.

No I'm not suggesting you use only jetpacks nor am I belittling your suggestion

I'm just pointing out that this request is highly possible

Costume parts that are visible only when a power has been activated would be awesome.

Wings get in the way when I'm walking sometimes.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Sounds like a good idea. I do the same thing and feel the same annoyance.

Purely as a workaround to keep things in syne, if you're using macros or keybinds to both activate fly+change to jetpack and land+change back, you can hit them again once the timer is done and it'll do the costume change to the proper costume. 

What would be really awesome is if the more obvious costume options could be given the "combat aura" treatment, only they appear or disappear only when a travel power is in use.  The rocket boots seem to have the ability to detect whether you are jumping or flying, so the mechanic already exists, at least in some form, and wings only flap or animate in a similar fashion...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:46 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

ln theory doesn't this already exist?

You can buy temp power jetpacks that vanish when not in use.

No I'm not suggesting you use only jetpacks nor am I belittling your suggestion

I'm just pointing out that this request is highly possible

Costume parts that are visible only when a power has been activated would be awesome.

Wings get in the way when I'm walking sometimes.

Yeah, temp powers are great for some characters where it's just for practical use or the particular temp happens to fit well with the costume. But they aren't enhanceable, so they can be a bit sluggish for a character that's supposed to be flight oriented.

On 9/16/2023 at 11:19 AM, Random Axis said:

Sounds like a good idea. I do the same thing and feel the same annoyance.

Purely as a workaround to keep things in syne, if you're using macros or keybinds to both activate fly+change to jetpack and land+change back, you can hit them again once the timer is done and it'll do the costume change to the proper costume. 

I do that already. It's just a hassle to wait around for the timer if I just needed a short jump, and I'm not going to add in a secondary bind just to use a temp situationally.