Email item claim QoL

Andreah

While such a QoL would absolutely make my personal game life easier, I also acknowledge that it is completely a first world problem.  I was not on Live when they offered the Super Packs for pay, but I can imagine that the intention of the Live devs was that packs would be extremely rarely used due to relative expense.  Although the current devs have done a great job of making the priciest items easily available to everyone, it's pretty clear that it put a major computational strain on the system.  And the fix appears to have been to put a timed governor on things like opening packs and claiming items from the Character Items menu.

I was "lucky" insofar as I was able to offload lots of things from the Character Items menu before the governor was instituted, since the actual opening packs and claiming items from said packs is now onerous enough that it discourages me from doing anything about those items.  Again, first world problem!  So rather than use packs as a profit maker, I think I'm using more as it was originally intended.  If I need an unslotter or three, I pull them off the menu.  Claiming converters are a problem, because I rarely need a converter or three, but pulling off 25x merits or three fulfills my needs.

I don't care whether or not the devs make it easier to pull things off the Character Items menu.  Yes, it would make my life a little easier and probably add to my Smaug-like hoard of useless inf, but I don't know if it would help the "average" gamer or even a majority of them.  So I'm not particularly interested other than by noting that sometimes unexpected snafus occur when we make things easier and there is an unexpected strain on the system.

On a purely personal basis, I would love to get rid of those damned enhancements, but meh, not a priority for me.  EDIT:  oops meant inspirations.  Anyone want a few thousand team endurance inspirations?

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?