Email item claim QoL

Andreah

8 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Or.....

Up up down down left right left right ba start to claim 5264?

It ends up being: click, wait a few seconds, click, wait a few seconds, click ... 

If you click too quickly, email will seize up and refuse to let you claim for a while.

20 hours ago, Andreah said:

What would be really awesome?

... Being able to click a "Claim 10" button. 

Or shift-click on Claim to claim 10. Or ctrl-click to claim 100.

That would be great.   I suspect it's something that will take a DB change with some other annoying things that are piled on top of a jenga pile of code.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Andreah said:

What would be really awesome?

image.png

... Being able to click a "Claim 10" button. 

Or shift-click on Claim to claim 10. Or ctrl-click to claim 100.

It made me laugh, but it would be helpful for those of us with this kind of stock in the card pack rewards.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, A Cat said:

I also want a sort/search if possible. 

Click on the word subject at the top to sort a-z and again for z-a.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I'd really like to be able to sort by category. Like, inspirations first, then powers/buffs, then salvage, then atos, etc.

Also, once I sort by A-Z or Z-A, I can't go back to the default order without restarting my client. 

I don't expect this to happen, but, if there was an additional selection tool with a drop down selection of reward types (enhancement, insp, buffs, enhancement, etc.), it would be helpful to me as well.

My main issue with the interface is that the type of insp aren't sorted together because of the way that they are named and sometimes the counter-intuitive names for some things (but I understand that other people may be able to finds things easily, there are somethings that I seem to have to look up in the wiki every time that I need to find them) 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I don't expect this to happen, but, if there was an additional selection tool with a drop down selection of reward types (enhancement, insp, buffs, enhancement, etc.), it would be helpful to me as well.

My main issue with the interface is that the type of insp aren't sorted together because of the way that they are named and sometimes the counter-intuitive names for some things (but I understand that other people may be able to finds things easily, there are somethings that I seem to have to look up in the wiki every time that I need to find them) 

Yeah, I agree. Some of this stuff might be difficult to change and the number of people who appreciate the QoL from it would be fairly limited.

I feel like in the original Live CoH, the paragon devs would eventually have fixed it all up, since the email claim is a key and limiting user experience element for whales getting their value from spending real money in the shop. The system they made looks to me like a "first effort to get something running", which didn't receive any feedback/refinement sprints.

16 minutes ago, Andreah said:

spending real money in the shop

I'm assuming this would have in-turn limited the number of packs that were being purchased.

I have the feeling there are some of us that have bought more card packs in Homecoming than the entirety of card packs that were ever purchased before the Sunset.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Left 1

You should be able to collect all those unslotters in a few hours of clicking.  Assuming a similar ratio of other items,  you should be able to collect everything in about a week.  I hope you dont enjoy sleep or food.

Yes it would be nice to collect multiple at once.  My preference would be a popup box where we can input how many to collect.

4 minutes ago, TheZag said:

You should be able to collect all those unslotters in a few hours of clicking.  Assuming a similar ratio of other items,  you should be able to collect everything in about a week.  I hope you dont enjoy sleep or food.

Yes it would be nice to collect multiple at once.  My preference would be a popup box where we can input how many to collect.

I'm sorry, but dumb question: Why the hell would anyone need to claim that many unslotters anywhere near at once? We don't have 5,264 enhancement slots to unslot on any of our characters.

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

I'm sorry, but dumb question: Why the hell would anyone need to claim that many unslotters anywhere near at once? We don't have 5,264 enhancement slots to unslot on any of our characters.

I'm guessing to sell. Either that or someone needs to get Mids. 

9 minutes ago, A Cat said:
10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I'm guessing to sell. Either that or someone needs to get Mids. 

Meh, much easier to just have the character that bought the unslotters to sell just sell them, and then e-mail your account the inf' earned. Weeks of gathering problem solved if the point is to sell them.

Now from a personal point of view, I think it would be nice if we could send stacks of 5 or 10 salvage, including unslotters, to ourselves and then just claim those stacks the way we claim singles we send ourselves, but that 5,264 claim comment blows my mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Meh, much easier to just have the character that bought the unslotters to sell just sell them, and then e-mail your account the inf' earned. Weeks of gathering problem solved if the point is to sell them.

Now from a personal point of view, I think it would be nice if we could send stacks of 5 or 10 salvage, including unslotters, to ourselves and then just claim those stacks the way we claim singles we send ourselves, but that 5,264 claim comment blows my mind.

I could be wrong, but I believe the "Character Items" tab is for stuff you get in Super Packs and such. Emailing things to your doods would just be in your regular e-mail attachments (then we would need a thread on QOL mass e-mailing of items. Based on this evidence, OP is both incredibly wealthy, and has an unhealthy problem getting that dopamine rush opening Super Packs. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A Cat said:

I could be wrong, but I believe the "Character Items" tab is for stuff you get in Super Packs and such. Emailing things to your doods would just be in your regular e-mail attachments (then we would need a thread on QOL mass e-mailing of items. Based on this evidence, OP is both incredibly wealthy, and has an unhealthy problem getting that dopamine rush opening Super Packs. 

Ah. That makes sense. Did not know that. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would imagine more for other items like when you need to collect 200 boosters for a build.  Its nice to grab them on the specific character instead of mailing things around.  And with an input box,  hitting 3 is just as easy as 300.  Having to collect slow to avoid a 20 second lockout on collecting really sucks for large amounts.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2023 at 12:06 PM, Rudra said:

A variety of things like this drop in quantity from opening Superpacks. These 5000+ were accumulating over years of buying and opening packs. I'd like to pull them out and sell most all of them, but it is truly tedious, especially since the email claim system is rate-limited -- you can only click the button to claim them in intervals of a few seconds. If you try too quickly, or even accidentally too quickly, it will fail. And not only fail to claim one item, but often lock you out of claiming any items for hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2023 at 12:20 PM, Rudra said:

They're not directly purchased, they're automatically placed in the email claim system by the game when you open a Superpack. All items from Superpack openings go into this email section.

If one wants to share converters, boosters, catalysts, or other kinds of tradable special salvage between characters, it's more efficient to use salvage bins in bases.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, A Cat said:

Based on this evidence, OP is both incredibly wealthy, and has an unhealthy problem getting that dopamine rush opening Super Packs. 

Guilty on the first count, not so much on the second.

The reason I open many Superpacks is one can make money doing them by claiming and selling the ATOs.  There's no dopamine rush because the drops average out very consistently, I don't even look at the card while I open them. Bopper has a thread detailing exactly what drops and in which proportions: 

Edit:

Making money of them is a combination of the profit from things you can claim and sell, such as ATOs, reward merits, brainstorms, boosters, etc., and the cost avoidance by using other things that drop, like using the Free Tailor Sessions instead of paying the tailor influence for costume changes.

Edited by Andreah

Yes please this would be super helpful.  I have to psych myself up to pull stuff out of the Character Items because the process is so painful.  Many times I come to the conclusion that it's not even worth it.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**