My chat with Bard about City of Heroes.

UltraAlt

So I had a little chat with Google's Bard today about City of Heroes, and it turned into chatting with this AI about Masterminds.

UltraAlt: What is City of Heroes?

Bard: City of Heroes (CoH) was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Cryptic Studios and published by NCSOFT. It was launched in North America on April 28, 2004, and in Europe by NCsoft Europe on February 4, 2005, with English, German and French servers.

In the game, players created super-powered player characters that could team up with others to complete missions and fight criminals belonging to various gangs and organizations in the fictional Paragon City. Players could choose from a wide variety of powers and abilities, and customize their characters' appearance with a wide range of costumes and accessories.

City of Heroes was known for its deep character customization, its wide variety of content, and its strong community. The game was also praised for its innovative gameplay features, such as its power combination system, which allowed players to mix and match powers to create unique and powerful characters.

City of Heroes was shut down on November 30, 2012, but has since been revived by a team of dedicated fans who have created a number of private servers where players can still enjoy the game.

In 2023, City of Heroes is still considered to be one of the best superhero MMORPGs ever made, and its community remains active and passionate.

Sources: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Heroes

UltraAlt: What is the most popular City of Heroes private server?

Bard: The most popular City of Heroes private server is Homecoming. It has the largest player base and the most active development team. Homecoming also has a wide variety of features and content, including regular updates, new events, and new character classes.

Other popular City of Heroes private servers include:

• Rebirth
  • Thunderspy
  • Unity
  • We Have Cake

Each of these servers has its own unique features and focus. For example, Rebirth is known for its focus on preserving the original game balance, while Thunderspy is known for its extensive character customization options.

Ultimately, the best City of Heroes private server for you will depend on your individual preferences. If you are looking for the server with the largest player base and the most active development team, then Homecoming is the best choice. If you are looking for a server with a specific focus, such as game balance or character customization, then you may want to consider one of the other servers.

I hope this helps!

UltraAlt: If you were going to be a City of Heroes character, what archetype would you pick?

Bard: If I were to be a City of Heroes character, I would pick the Mastermind archetype.

Masterminds are ranged controllers who use their powers to manipulate the battlefield and buff their allies. They are also capable of summoning pets and robots to fight alongside them.

I think the Mastermind archetype would be a good fit for me because I would be able to use my knowledge and understanding of the world to help others and make a difference. I would also be able to use my creativity to come up with new and innovative ways to use my powers.

Additionally, I like the idea of having a team of pets and robots to help me fight. I think it would be a lot of fun to work together with them to defeat our enemies.

Of course, I am still under development, so I am not sure if I would be a very effective Mastermind. But I think it would be a lot of fun to try!

UltraAlt: What primary power sets would you pick for your mastermind character in City of Heroes?

Bard: If I were going to be a mastermind character in City of Heroes, I would pick the Demons primary power set.

Demons is a very versatile primary power set that allows players to summon and control a variety of demons, from simple minions to powerful bosses. Demons powers can be used to attack enemies, defend allies, debuff foes, and heal wounds.

I think the Demons primary power set would be a good fit for my mastermind character because it would allow me to create a unique and powerful team of demons to help me fight. I would also be able to use my knowledge of the occult to create new and innovative demon designs.

Additionally, I think the Demons primary power set is very visually appealing. I like the idea of having a team of demonic creatures fighting alongside me.

Some of the specific Demons powers that I would choose for my character include:

• Summon Minion: This power summons a weak but numerous group of demons that can attack enemies and distract them.
  • Summon Brute: This power summons a powerful demon that can deal high damage and take a lot of punishment.
  • Summon Lord: This power summons a very powerful demon boss that can be used to turn the tide of battle.

I think these powers would give my mastermind character a good balance of offensive and defensive capabilities. I would also be able to use them to create a variety of different tactical strategies.

Of course, this is just a suggestion. There are many other ways to build a mastermind character in City of Heroes. It really depends on your individual playstyle and preferences.

Here are some other primary power sets that would be good for a mastermind character:

• Beasts: This power set allows players to summon and control a variety of animals, from simple pets to powerful beasts.
  • Bots: This power set allows players to summon and control a variety of robots, from simple drones to powerful battle machines.
  • Thugs: This power set allows players to summon and control a variety of criminals, from simple gangsters to powerful bosses.
  • Ninjas: This power set allows players to summon and control a variety of ninjas, from simple footsoldiers to powerful masters.

Ultimately, the best primary power set for your mastermind character is the one that you enjoy playing the most.

UltraAlt: What secondary power set would you pick for your mastermind character in City of Heroes?

Bard: If I were going to be a mastermind character in City of Heroes, I would pick the Storm Summoning secondary power set.

Storm Summoning is a very versatile secondary power set that allows players to summon and control a variety of storms, from simple lightning bolts to powerful tornados. Storm powers can be used to attack enemies, defend allies, debuff foes, and control the battlefield.

I think the Storm Summoning secondary power set would be a good fit for my mastermind character because it would allow me to provide my team with a variety of powerful buffs and debuffs. I would also be able to use my storm powers to control the battlefield and make it difficult for enemies to function effectively.

Some of the specific Storm Summoning powers that I would choose for my character include:

• Lightning Bolt: This power summons a powerful bolt of lightning that strikes enemies and deals damage.
  • Ice Storm: This power creates an area of effect storm that slows and damages enemies.
  • Tornado: This power summons a powerful tornado that damages enemies and knocks them back.

I think these powers would give my mastermind character a good balance of offensive and defensive capabilities. I would also be able to use them to create a variety of different tactical strategies.

Of course, this is just a suggestion. There are many other ways to build a mastermind character in City of Heroes. It really depends on your individual playstyle and preferences.

Here are some other secondary power sets that would be good for a mastermind character:

• Dark Miasma: This power set allows players to summon and control a variety of dark creatures and effects, such as shadows, mist, and crows.
  • Force Field: This power set allows players to create and manipulate force fields, which can be used to defend allies or damage enemies.
  • Pain Domination: This power set allows players to inflict pain and suffering on their enemies, which can debuff them and make them more vulnerable to attack.
  • Poison: This power set allows players to poison their enemies, which can deal damage over time and debuff them.

Ultimately, the best secondary power set for your mastermind character is the one that you enjoy playing the most.

UltraAlt: If you were playing City of Heroes and you created your Demons/Storm Summoning Mastermind, what would their name be?

Bard: If I were playing City of Heroes and I created a Demons/Storm Summoning Mastermind, I would name them Tempest.

I think the name Tempest is a good fit for this character because it evokes the power and fury of both storms and demons. It also suggests that the character is unpredictable and dangerous, which are both qualities that I would want my mastermind character to have.

Another name that I considered was Stormcaller. This name is more literal, but I also like it because it suggests that the character has a deep understanding of and connection to the storm.

Ultimately, the best name for your character is the one that you like the most. There are no right or wrong answers. The most important thing is to choose a name that you think fits your character's personality and playstyle.

I hope this helps!

UltraAlt: What would you do if both of those names were already taken?

Bard: If both of those names were already taken, I would try to come up with a variation of one of them, or a completely new name that has a similar theme. Here are a few ideas:

• Tempestuous
  • Storm Weaver
  • Skybringer
  • Lightning Lord
  • Demon Master
  • Stormfiend
  • Tempest Bringer
  • Stormcaller of the Abyss
  • Demoncaller of the Tempest
  • Master of the Storm and the Demon
  • Tempestuous Stormcaller
  • Demonic Storm Weaver
  • Tempestuous Skybringer
  • Demonic Lightning Lord

I could also try to come up with a name that is more personal and unique to my character. For example, I could think about what kind of demons my character summons, or what kind of storm powers they use. I could also think about my character's backstory and personality.

Ultimately, the best name for your character is the one that you like the most. There are no right or wrong answers. The most important thing is to choose a name that you think fits your character's personality and playstyle.

I hope this helps!

Edited by UltraAlt
Switched to the bullet feature instead of the * I had used. Bard used bullets in the parts that I updated to bullets..
  • Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.