Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #47: Hard Mode (A discussion on advanced difficulty levels)

SeraphimKensai

On 12/2/2023 at 7:01 AM, Silver Lancer said:

Has the idea of a Death Match Mode ever been explored?

Team wipe on map= permanent removal of toon. 🏴‍☠️

The rewards & badge would have to reflect the ultimate risk.

I've run where defeat = delete as well as defeat = remove from a themed (of defeat is 'death') SG.  I enjoyed the challenge but those characters were created with that in mind.  Attachment to the character was there but quite different from the attachment to my normal mains.  For them no way no how would I run any of them through any 'actual removal'.  I can't think of a reward that would be both reasonable and high enough to loose some of them again permanently as a risk outside of another Sunset.  Recently my 5 yr old got a hold of the controls while I was afk for a couple minutes helping the wife.  Got back and the top spot on my character list was 'open' and my absolutely most main character was gone.  Well long story short he somehow moved her to another server and renamed her but the gut punch of several minutes while I found her, moved her back and renamed her to her original name was ... yeah not a chance there's a conceivable reward for that risk voluntarily.

Edit:  Hell if there was a way to lock at least a few characters so that it could not be deleted without maybe direct GM action I'd due that in a heartbeat.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1