Fire/Fire advice

liveevil2000

I started a Fire/Fire Tank and need advice on which powers I can omit.

I am using it for content in a team. It seems between the two sets there are a ton of offensive powers.

In the Secondary set I was thinking of omitting Build up, Scorch and Incinerate and concentrating on all the AOE with Fire Sword and Greater Fire Sword as a pair of single target attack fills.

The Primary set I might not take Fiery Embrace and Phoenix Rising.

The pool powers I was thinking of are, in no particular order ...

Haste

Leadership (first 3 powers)

Jump & Combat Jump

Fighting (Kick, Toughness, Weave)

and have no idea what epic pool to go with.

Your Thoughts?

On my build the only power I skipped was Scorch, but BU is definitely skippable and I could see skipping Phoenix Rising and Fiery Embrace. None of these require more than 1-2 slots, so you're not picking up slots. I would skip Breath of Fire before skipping Incinerate. It's the 2nd best DPA in the set.

Running 3 Leadership toggles adds a lot of end cost and I don't think you get much benefit from it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 minutes ago, Uun said:

On my build the only power I skipped was Scorch, but BU is definitely skippable and I could see skipping Phoenix Rising and Fiery Embrace. None of these require more than 1-2 slots, so you're not picking up slots. I would skip Breath of Fire before skipping Incinerate. It's the 2nd best DPA in the set.

Running 3 Leadership toggles adds a lot of end cost and I don't think you get much benefit from it. 

I was thinking Maneuvers just to get an extra LoTG slotted, the other two I'm on the fence about.

5 hours ago, liveevil2000 said:

I was thinking Maneuvers just to get an extra LoTG slotted, the other two I'm on the fence about.

That's fine. You don't even have to run Maneuvers to get the the LoTG global recharge buff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I really recommend picking up Phoenix Rising. It can be a great AoE attack once your health starts to dip, and as a resistance-based tank focused on damage you will die. PE gets you back up and running and kicks the enemy away enough to give you time to get back to full strength. 

You don't need the three Leadership powers. They don't add much other than the illusion of support. If you don't take Fiery Embrace (or Burn) there is no real point in taking Fire either.

If you're still interested I can post my last Fire/Fire Tanker build for slotting ideas.

11 hours ago, Sovera said:

You don't need the three Leadership powers. They don't add much other than the illusion of support. If you don't take Fiery Embrace (or Burn) there is no real point in taking Fire either.

If you're still interested I can post my last Fire/Fire Tanker build for slotting ideas.

I’d be very interested in your build. 
I just hit lvl 40 after doing Numina on Sunday. I do get knocked around a lot. KB resist is something to work on when I get to slotting some sets. 

also, I did take burn as soon as it was available. 
Why fiery embrace? I get the buff it gives you for a very short period, but it doesn’t help defensively which is what I really need right now and the amount of offense I have already seems great. 
I have taken haste, jump and CJ, and the fighting suite. 
I am still wrestling with what epic pool to take. 
and as I mentioned in the original post. Maneuvers I was planning to use for LoTG. 

Edited by liveevil2000

On 10/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, liveevil2000 said:

I’d be very interested in your build. 
I just hit lvl 40 after doing Numina on Sunday. I do get knocked around a lot. KB resist is something to work on when I get to slotting some sets. 

also, I did take burn as soon as it was available. 
Why fiery embrace? I get the buff it gives you for a very short period, but it doesn’t help defensively which is what I really need right now and the amount of offense I have already seems great. 
I have taken haste, jump and CJ, and the fighting suite. 
I am still wrestling with what epic pool to take. 
and as I mentioned in the original post. Maneuvers I was planning to use for LoTG. 

There is no such as enough offense 😄 The faster you k-.. arrest mobs the sooner they stop hitting back.

As usual it's all min maxed. You are at 77% with one stack of the Tanker's ATO, but with a second and Barrier's 5% you are pretty much permanently at 90% once engaged in combat.  (Barrier's buff is perma after all). You are also at 40% defense to S/L and it goes to 45% once Barrier is up. To be honest lower level content where Barrier is not available is not hard content that requires 90% to resists, but a third stack of the ATO while unreliable to have is still possible. If you exemplar a lot you can swap the slotting of Greater Fire Sword with Fire Sword.

The single target rotation is Greater Fire Sword, Scorch, Fire Sword, Scorch. Including Incinerate would be a little bit more damage but A) it would mean leveling and exemplaring lower than 28 with only one attack. And B), Incinerate is still a slow ass 5 second DoT. But switch Scorch for Incinerate if you want.

Your problems with KB will go away with the combo of having the -KB IO in Fly (or whatever other travel power you've decided to use) and the S/L defense. Just one or the other will still get you KBed but the combo of both will be enough.

Don't tarry on getting the -KB IO since it's a single item and costs only 2ish million.

I have no idea as to how long you've been playing and your depth in CoH so if I over-explain this next part just forgive me:

- While leveling you won't have access to the superior versions of the IOs but buy the regular versions when you have money. Start with what is cheapest and go up. At level 50 you can upgrade the normal versions to Superior.

- Remember to always buy Attuned IOs instead of Crafted IOs.

- If you know how to use the base teleporters replenish your defense inspirations. While leveling they will do a lot more for you than slotting your armors early on.

- If you don't know how to make money then then check the guide in the signature. Make a (small) effort at actually using the Converters, but if you don't want to bother then it is absolutely viable (it's how I play most of the time unless doing iron man challenges).

- There is no reason to wait to start slotting IOs. Even if you don't like the character in the end you can still transfer the bought IOs to an alt or sell them back in the AH. So start as soon as you can for the sweet sweet bonuses.

Tanker (Fire Fire).mxd

• Thumbs Up 1

For another take, this is my build. Capped (or close to) resistance to S/L/F/E/N w/o the ATO, higher hit points, but much lower defense. 

Uunferno - Tanker (Fiery Aura).mbd

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1