Help me with my specific Pocket Defender!

Yomo Kimyata

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I think I have a radical idea.  Hear me out.  Dark/Elec Defender with max recharge and max procs on Howling Twilight. 

I like the cut of this jib. Here is the slotting I usually settle with for Howling Twilight, for Recovery set bonuses and balancing Recharge, Accuracy, Stun and Endurance cost, without resorting to D-Syncs.

(A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage (Energy) <- alternative %Fire from Bombardment to mix up types

(*) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage (Lethal)

(*) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

As with other powers, I feel like having Accuracy slotted makes a different for the %procs.

Looking at the thread, I see it asked but not answered - 

The team lead gets the power of Black Scorpion, regardless of AT, in the Barracuda SF. 

Don't believe me?  See from i27p2 patch notes:

Barracuda Strike Force

• Power of Black Scorpion (the power required to kill Reichsman) is now always granted to the team leader, regardless of Archetype
    • Defenders now receive Power of Ghost Widow
    • Masterminds now receive Power of Captain Mako
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 8:13 AM, Hedgefund said:

Looking at the thread, I see it asked but not answered - 

The team lead gets the power of Black Scorpion, regardless of AT, in the Barracuda SF. 

Don't believe me?  See from i27p2 patch notes:

Barracuda Strike Force

• Power of Black Scorpion (the power required to kill Reichsman) is now always granted to the team leader, regardless of Archetype
    • Defenders now receive Power of Ghost Widow
    • Masterminds now receive Power of Captain Mako

Hmm, that's a horse of a different color.  I guess I can just try to solo it on a scrapper (or stalker) then, but it might just be too much for one scrapper to handle.

But now this has me wondering about what I would most want from a passive support (one power on auto, toggles, a prebuff/debuff/summons) character of any AT.

Who run Bartertown?

On 10/18/2023 at 8:22 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

What kind of Scrapper and what do you want this Defender to provide?  From what you've posted so far, it seems like you are looking for debuffs more than buffs.

Your supposition is correct.  I like to play scrappers with layered mitigation.  My top secondaries to play are Bio and Rad Armor for a whole lot of reasons.  I rarely play a character with soft cap defenses, but I'm usually 35%+ on melee.  The one I'm spending a lot of time on right now and the one I'd use for Barracuda is my Ice/Rad.

Who run Bartertown?