Help with Rad/Fire Farmer Build

Fyrefarmer

Good Afternoon all!

So... I've started a farmer to earn sweet influence.  I've read so my guides my head is spinning.  Sometimes I can't find the same thing I read before even with bookmarks.  Anyway, i've attached my build to this post.  I'd love someone to tell me what I can do to improve it.  Please don't be shy...

Fire Resist is capped at 90% and not a problem...

Fire Defense is a problem... On Paper it shows at 36.92% while standing in Pocket D.  When I start a Mission (usually Comic Con Outdoor Streets, +4/8, Solo Bosses Yes, Elite Bosses) it often drops to 29%.   I have to pop purples like a 90's wall street broker on cocaine.

My assumption is that my build is no where near perfect.  My slots aren't optimized, my power choices aren't right, and I'm using the wrong enhancements in places.  I could really use some help.

Two things I think are "Wrong" -

1.  I can drop the extra slots on Health and Stamina and put them somewhere else (where?)

2. Static Discharge sucks and should be replaced with something - any suggestions?

Brute (Radiation Melee - Fiery Aura).mbd

Certain fire melee attacks do -defense just so you know. That said a fire def of 36.92% is pretty low for a fire farmer. As it's going to let in about 1/4 attacks even before defense debuffs are applied which then will floor your defense. At 45% you're dodging so much more it's less likely for drop you right away, however you do have to be ready to use healing flames as needed.

You can buy the defense amplifier, and use barrier (if you have your end use sorted) to help offset the use of purples.

Lastly don't be afraid to turn down the difficulty of your current build is having difficulty with the content, evaluate your clear time and rewards and go with what works best for you.

I have 45% Fire Def, and I can tell you there are occasions when my Def suddenly plummets. It might happen once in a tunnel mission, but it is there. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

As Seraphim quoted you have to be on guard and aware that some of the older AE fire farms have a defense debuff with fire swords. I personally experienced this myself and learned very quickly to avoid them. I just power leveled my first rad/fire brute and you are correct, that your head will spin with all the guides. I finally took Briggs fire farmer he has on you tube and I tweaked a few things with it and it worked out great. First and foremost you need to get those wintersets on the AH, because they will give you a 5% fire and cold resist, that is the superior sets. You have ranged, melee, melee AOE, ranged AOE, and hold winter sets and I advise you to build your farmer around those sets. That is what I did and I took the fire mastery epic for the range, Hold, and ranged AOE. That alone is worth 25% fire defense which according to your numbers will put you over the defense soft cap. I run a total of 58% fire defense and some may say that's a waste, but to me it certainly is not at all. I do not have to eat inspiration of any sort with this farmer. I will suggest to start at a lower setting and work your way up when you get those sets and the difference is night and day. They are expensive 20-25 million a pop, but its already paid off 3 fold lol. If I can help in any way else let me know.

On 11/2/2023 at 5:29 PM, Fyrefarmer said:

Right now I'd kill for 45% 🙂

Your slotting on IG is wasted. You want Avalanche in there. Add in another 6-slotted Winter set and you have capped Fire Def. I know you have Consume, but .6% difference in End Recovery vs. End Drain seems incredibly low. You also have 6-slotted sets with offering no real benefit to a farming build. It looks like you tried to make an all-around build which can also farm. Make one build for general purpose and one for farming. For farming, your priorities are capped Fire Res/Def, Recharge, and the End to pull it off. Chugging reds will take care of the rest. Your goal is to spam Burn, Atom Smasher, and Ball Lightning with some Judgement when it is up. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 months later

Brute (Radiation Melee - Fiery Aura) Only Farming.mbd

Turn off Plasma Shield, Turn off Tough unless you need it. Leave on Stealth.  This will get you just over 45% fire defense and still keep you above 90% resist.  This is only for farming and basically useless for anything outside of fire farms so you will need a different build when getting accolades and such.  

• Like 1