Definitive Invul Build

NiteCloak

Does anyone have any alternative end-game builds for Invul that differ from the one made by NUTCRCKR  (provided below)

For a start I want to use Punch and not Jab as he has done (unless someone can tell me why Jab works better?) but also there are two factors that leave me a little reticent to commit to NUTCRCKR's build.  

i) Global Recharge.  Not sure that the build offers enough to keep Foot Stomp up as often as possible but I am not a min/maxer-theory-crafter so not sure how to measure this.  I think I am reading it correctly that the attached build has a 5.16 second recharge for Foot Stomp (presumably with Hasten active).  Can it be reduced further I wonder?

ii) Playing from level 24 to level 50 two things I noticed about my build using basic IO's were that I was struggling with endurance and had to keep stocked up on Recovery Serum and later also take Conserver Power from Energy Mastery EPP.   Secondly was accuracy,  I found I would miss on attacks occasionally and also ended up taking Focused Accuracy which is a massive end hog.

Any tips from Invul enthusiasts with end-game builds appreciated.

Invul-SS.mxd

My suggestion to help Endurance problems (and I realize some people won't like it) is don't take Hasten. One power that saps your End every two minutes is bad enough, two is asking for trouble. Yeah, you can hit Footstomp and KO Blow a couple seconds faster, but by the endgame purpled-out build, I barely notice the difference.

I'm surprised you'd have Accuracy problems, I think the +ToHit from Rage is one of the best parts of Super Strength. I still take Focused Accuracy though, for the +Perception and ToHit Debuff resistance, but generally only need it running fighting Arachnos.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, NiteCloak said:

Does anyone have any alternative end-game builds for Invul that differ from the one made by NUTCRCKR  (provided below)

For a start I want to use Punch and not Jab as he has done (unless someone can tell me why Jab works better?) but also there are two factors that leave me a little reticent to commit to NUTCRCKR's build.  

i) Global Recharge.  Not sure that the build offers enough to keep Foot Stomp up as often as possible but I am not a min/maxer-theory-crafter so not sure how to measure this.  I think I am reading it correctly that the attached build has a 5.16 second recharge for Foot Stomp (presumably with Hasten active).  Can it be reduced further I wonder?

ii) Playing from level 24 to level 50 two things I noticed about my build using basic IO's were that I was struggling with endurance and had to keep stocked up on Recovery Serum and later also take Conserver Power from Energy Mastery EPP.   Secondly was accuracy,  I found I would miss on attacks occasionally and also ended up taking Focused Accuracy which is a massive end hog.

Any tips from Invul enthusiasts with end-game builds appreciated.

Invul-SS.mxd 1.54 kB · 1 download

Howdy, @NiteCloak

Like many questions in the forums, much depends on your personal definition of "definitive" and what your personal goals are.  I built that toon, so I'll give you some of my personal insights.  Lemme start with playstyle and (as a retail 2004 player) I consider myself more of a purist, than a hard core min/maxxer.  Not to say I don't maximize when it fits, but it's not about eeking out the last .00001 of something.  (P.S.  If you want the tankiest version, you'll need to find @Hyperstrike and the "Mo Durable" build). 

Punch:  I never liked the animation of punch (half of Haymaker) so I prefer Jab.  I also slot it with the full SGF set and its fast recharge and constant use means the absorb proc fires constantly.  On that note, there are those who will split SGF into two sets of three, to double the E/N resist (to 12%), but I used other strategies for that.  Probably half my 500+ vet levels, on this toon, are from ITFs of all sorts, but I've never had E/N problems.

For one of the best tanker AOE attacks in the game, Foot Stomp at 5.16 sec recharge (or 7-ish with Hasten on cooldown) sounds pretty good to me. 😆 I also like to keep purple sets together, so Foot Stomp gets all six Armageddons (which does have 10% recharge), along with the proc which still fires during Rage crash (and a couple more choice bonuses).

Recharge:  You could find a few more places for LotGs, but defense slots are few and precious, in Inv (e.g. 4 Shield Walls in CJ, for E/N resist)

Inv has a great heal, but no end management, so with Generic IOs you will have to manage your end, but there are a lot of ATs which fall in that category.  You duly noted Recovery Serums are great (and cheap).  I only used the "standard" two slot for Stamina, with the proc and end mod.  Once incarnated, Ageless (Radial tree for the DDR, especially for your teammates) takes care of any and all end problems.

Accuracy:  The reason Super Strength works is Rage.  Single stack is 99% to hit bonus (perma) and double stacked (123%).  Sure I also occasionally miss (but routinely am fighting +4s and debuffed.

While I *hate* being blinded, and take FA (and Energy Mastery) on many of my tanks, I went a different route with NUT.  Pyre Mastery is great with the single hold Char (for sappers and the like) and it also takes the Entomb proc for another absorb shield.  Two slotted also gets 6% F/C resist and I enjoy helping on Fire Farms, so that's a good thing.  Furthermore, you then get Melt Armor, which is an amazing AOE debuff, which really helps in those long AV slogs.  I three slot it with Exploited Vulnerability, well, because it's only a three slot set (and cheap).

Random thoughts.  Hurl:  Nice to have a ranged attack (which includes grounding fliers) and I three slot it with Far Strike (another only three slot set), with some Toxic/Psi resist and a couple extra hit points as baby bonuses.  Tough:  Gets two slotted (muled) with Impervium, is never toggled on.  Unstoppable:  gets muled with Impervium, but is also never used (not even in my tray).

Bottom line, you can't really go wrong with Inv/SS, so enjoy it and let us know how you wind up.

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

3 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Howdy, @NiteCloak

Like many questions in the forums, much depends on your personal definition of "definitive" and what your personal goals are.  I built that toon, so I'll give you some of my personal insights.  Lemme start with playstyle and (as a retail 2004 player) I consider myself more of a purist, than a hard core min/maxxer.  Not to say I don't maximize when it fits, but it's not about eeking out the last .00001 of something.  (P.S.  If you want the tankiest version, you'll need to find @Hyperstrike and the "Mo Durable" build). 

Very much appreciate the reply and as I didn't know your in-game @name or forum name I hope calling you NUTCRCKR was alright lol.

I ended up studying your build in a lot more detail after posting and decided to build it!  Took me over 3 hours if I am honest and almost 600 mil inf. 

As a personal preference I chose to veer away from Char and Molten Armor (even though I know how good Molten Armor is) and instead went with Focused Accuracy and Physical Perfection.   I put Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self  in to single slotted Physical Perfection and in two-slotted stamina I used  Performance Shifter +End and IO:End Mod+4

I ran about a dozen PI 54 Radios and my health didn't budge at all which was amazing (to me) and Endurance was no issue at all. I had some Endurance loss fighting some Malta and during a prolonged fight with Scirroco  but otherwise the build was rock solid.  I am very happy with it and I must compliment you on it.

4 hours ago, Supertanker said:

I'm surprised you'd have Accuracy problems, I think the +ToHit from Rage is one of the best parts of Super Strength. I still take Focused Accuracy though, for the +Perception and ToHit Debuff resistance, but generally only need it running fighting Arachnos.

Turns out I wasn't using Rage.  I kept forgetting about it and didn't realize how useful it was.  Thanks for the heads up. 

2 hours ago, NiteCloak said:

Turns out I wasn't using Rage.  I kept forgetting about it and didn't realize how useful it was.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Heheh.

"This build SUUUUCKS!
Oh wait.  I didn't have Rage on auto!
*CLICK*
AHHHHH!  MUCH BETTER!  NEVER MIND!"

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

12 hours ago, NiteCloak said:

Very much appreciate the reply and as I didn't know your in-game @name or forum name I hope calling you NUTCRCKR was alright lol.

I ended up studying your build in a lot more detail after posting and decided to build it!  Took me over 3 hours if I am honest and almost 600 mil inf. 

I ran about a dozen PI 54 Radios and my health didn't budge at all which was amazing (to me) and Endurance was no issue at all. I had some Endurance loss fighting some Malta and during a prolonged fight with Scirroco  but otherwise the build was rock solid.  I am very happy with it and I must compliment you on it.

My pleasure and no problem.  Since my global is @PLVRIZR, most just call me "PLV", regardless of which toon I'm logged on with.  I played from 2004 to 2012 "lights out", but didn't find Homecoming until Feb. 2020, so most of my original names were taken.

Glad it worked out and that's one of the great things about this community.  One of the most helpful and collegial groups on the internet.  I would also recommend you checking out a Tanker Tuesday Tour night (schedule is in @Warboss's signature).  Tank only teams and we'll do WSTs and other special events.  There's always a missions team, for those tanks who aren't high enough level to run the weekly TF.  Nothing like watching 8 tanks herd 100+ mobs in a giant room, then melting from AOEs 😆.  You can check out some of the screenshots and stories, here:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

43 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

My pleasure and no problem.  Since my global is @PLVRIZR, most just call me "PLV", regardless of which toon I'm logged on with.  I played from 2004 to 2012 "lights out", but didn't find Homecoming until Feb. 2020, so most of my original names were taken.

Glad it worked out and that's one of the great things about this community.  One of the most helpful and collegial groups on the internet.  I would also recommend you checking out a Tanker Tuesday Tour night (schedule is in @Warboss's signature).  Tank only teams and we'll do WSTs and other special events.  There's always a missions team, for those tanks who aren't high enough level to run the weekly TF.  Nothing like watching 8 tanks herd 100+ mobs in a giant room, then melting from AOEs 😆.  You can check out some of the screenshots and stories, here:

You know those super films where bad guys hole up in a bank, and a minute later there's a montage of bad guys getting forcibly ejected from the building (without considerations for obstacles like windows, doors or concrete walls)?

That's Tanker Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

You know those super films where bad guys hole up in a bank, and a minute later there's a montage of bad guys getting forcibly ejected from the building (without considerations for obstacles like windows, doors or concrete walls)?

That's Tanker Tuesday.

It's definitely been fun the several times I've been able to attend.

For the OP, Otherwise for Invuln there's no definitive way to build it as least in my opinion. A little build experience and a copy of mods, it's hard to mess up invuln.

I like to pad up exotic res, build enough recharge for perma dull pain, stack HP to get to HP cap, and stack melee defense to work in conjunction with invincibility.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

It's definitely been fun the several times I've been able to attend.

For the OP, Otherwise for Invuln there's no definitive way to build it as least in my opinion. A little build experience and a copy of mods, it's hard to mess up invuln.

I like to pad up exotic res, build enough recharge for perma dull pain, stack HP to get to HP cap, and stack melee defense to work in conjunction with invincibility.

Agreed,  Invuln gives you lots of options.

And the one plaint I've seen is "No End Management" is something that simply doesn't really factor all that large in a high end build.

And you can take it in a lot of directions.

"Mo Durable" is just an experiment in taking the baseline of Invuln and jacking up the values, making it MORE of what it already is.

Hyperstrike's build is basically a step BACK from the maxed out values, adding higher Recharge, a little Ranged damage, or another AoE and going in a scrapper-style direction.

• Like 1