my builds

GM Crumpet

• Game Master

I noticed I have my builds posted in various places and thought I'd put both of them here so if  get asked for a build people can find it easily. I started with Dooms builds as a foundation, then tweaked them for my own play style, then Laucianna laughed at my terrible slotting and helped me to reorganise things so I wasn't an embarrassment to the Kheld community 😛

Just kidding, Lauci was absolutely awesome and didn't laugh once 🙂 

These are my builds, and they may not suit you or your play style, but they are a good (if expensive) start and you can change them to your own personal preferences.

Light of the World - Peacebringer (Luminous Blast - Luminous Aura)latest.mbd ws.mbd

On 11/14/2023 at 3:03 AM, GM Crumpet said:

I noticed I have my builds posted in various places and thought I'd put both of them here so if  get asked for a build people can find it easily. I started with Dooms builds as a foundation, then tweaked them for my own play style, then Laucianna laughed at my terrible slotting and helped me to reorganise things so I wasn't an embarrassment to the Kheld community 😛

Just kidding, Lauci was absolutely awesome and didn't laugh once 🙂 

These are my builds, and they may not suit you or your play style, but they are a good (if expensive) start and you can change them to your own personal preferences.

Light of the World - Peacebringer (Luminous Blast - Luminous Aura)latest.mbd 49.54 kB · 14 downloads ws.mbd 50.75 kB · 16 downloads

Why put a second slot in Hasten rather then put a 6th slot in White Dwarf Strike and get the full 6 slot bonus with Mako's Bite? Also why not full slot Photon Seekers with the full set of Soul bound Allegiance? Why put slots into light form and Essence Boost rather then max White Dwarf with Unbreakable Guard?

Edited by Akiceter

• Game Master
3 hours ago, Akiceter said:

Why put a second slot in Hasten rather then put a 6th slot in White Dwarf Strike and get the full 6 slot bonus with Mako's Bite? Also why not full slot Photon Seekers with the full set of Soul bound Allegiance? Why put slots into light form and Essence Boost rather then max White Dwarf with Unbreakable Guard?

Short version: Because Laucianna told me to.... 😛 

Long story, Photon Seekers because they need a KB to KD. The rest because the goal was to make Light form permanent as much as possible andI'm not very good with mids except to use it as a template to slavishly copy someone elses build. So Laucianna tells me to do it this way, that's what I do.

I went into mids and looked at my stats with my build image.thumb.png.4cc3270dc3bd04f85868dc13c57814b5.png

Then made the changes you suggested image.png.39ea06c4d64a2f533ecc1bec7ca162c7.png

There isn't really a huge difference. Some bits are better, some worse. As I said, this is my build and people can copy it or use it as a base to tinker with for their own personal play style and requirements. I do well in missions and teams, I don't annoy anyone with too much knockback, and I don't die very often 🙂 

Edited by GM Crumpet

15 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Short version: Because Laucianna told me to.... 😛 

Long story, Photon Seekers because they need a KB to KD. The rest because the goal was to make Light form permanent as much as possible andI'm not very good with mids except to use it as a template to slavishly copy someone elses build. So Laucianna tells me to do it this way, that's what I do.

I went into mids and looked at my stats with my build image.thumb.png.4cc3270dc3bd04f85868dc13c57814b5.png

Then made the changes you suggested image.png.39ea06c4d64a2f533ecc1bec7ca162c7.png

There isn't really a huge difference. Some bits are better, some worse. As I said, this is my build and people can copy it or use it as a base to tinker with for their own personal play style and requirements. I do well in missions and teams, I don't annoy anyone with too much knockback, and I don't die very often 🙂 

First. Let me just say I'm not trying to attack or criticize your build. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm thinking of doing it by asking you why you did it this way. As for the build. I might not have properly expressed it right as it was late and i was a bit tiered. The attached build is what i was trying to say. 

2.mbd

• Game Master
10 hours ago, Akiceter said:

First. Let me just say I'm not trying to attack or criticize your build. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm thinking of doing it by asking you why you did it this way. As for the build. I might not have properly expressed it right as it was late and i was a bit tiered. The attached build is what i was trying to say. 

2.mbd 49.76 kB · 0 downloads

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to be snarky if that's how it came across. I'm the worst person in the world at doing good builds so I rely on others to point out if it can be better. I saw your comments and checked out the changes you mentioned, but the overall result (according to mids) is about the same. If there had been a noticeable benefit I'd have changed it round. As it is, both builds are viable and one isn't going to suffer appreciably against the other so for me I don't feel there is a benefit to changing. Now if your build was seriously worse in places than mine I'd be trying to persuade you to do it differently, but its your call and not mine to make. There might be a must-have power you love and want so something else has to give, and that's absolutely fine. If it's a matter of different slots and enhancements being moved around to maximise your survivability then it's a different conversation.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:39 AM, Akiceter said:

The second slot in Hasten makes it close to perma (1 sec downtime) alongside the Agility Alpha, personally I wouldn't use Nova Bolt and use them slots to get the 6 slot bonuses in that some other powers but Crumpet wants that power so it's up to them 🙂 Photon Seekers is yeah to stop the KB effect, White dwarfs main use once you get perma lightform is to taunt, melee attack, and break out of stuns, lightform will cover your resists completely. I would change one of the heal enhancements in Essence Boost to recharge to make that perma too but I don't like to rely on it as a heal since it has a super long cooldown ❤️ Hope that helps clear up some of the reasons

- Lauci x