Rebirth or Life Drain for Dark Blast/Super Reflexes.

jjolin01

Rolling with a Dark/SR sentinel, and I'm really liking it. When all is said and done, I plan to have a 3 attack single target rotation of Antumbral, Gaze, and Gloom. This means I wont have a heal, so should I go for Destiny: Rebirth, or pick up Life Drain which will lower my dpm by a bit?

I'd go for Life Drain, and use it situationally (either reactively when I need healing, or proactively in situations where I think I'm going to need constant healing). This would let me pick Barrier for MOAR survivability, lessening the need I might use Life Drain in the first place; or Ageless to go all out with damage procs in the other 3 attacks, thus improving my DPS in situations where I don't need healing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly the absorption shield in Master brawler is all I find that I need in my SR sentinels (and I have a lot of them). Once you are softcapped (which I consider standard on my builds), you don't get a heck of a lot of incoming damage. 

Edited by drbuzzard
  • Like 1

Rebirth would be more of an 'Oh crap' button and since Dark plays more at range, the need for one would be rather low. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Ageless radial brings resistance to defense debuffs up so high that SR becomes noticeably tankier against incoming defense debuffs from pretty close to everything. That reduces the frequency with which rebirth would be doing anything useful for your sentinel, as well as making teammates more sturdy against all kinds of incoming debuffs. The recharge buff from ageless radial is also quite helpful. 

Agreed with Without_Pause that the need for rebirth would be low. 

• Thumbs Up 1