Adapting Builds

NiteCloak

Yes and no. Caps are different, so if you're not necessarily min-maxing, I guess. ATOs are also different. Brutes have Taunt, Scrappers have Confront.

You'll likely want to change the slotting based on hitting your individual goals for the character though as well.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Yes and no. Caps are different, so if you're not necessarily min-maxing, I guess. ATOs are also different. Brutes have Taunt, Scrappers have Confront.

You'll likely want to change the slotting based on hitting your individual goals for the character though as well.

OK appreciate the feedback.  I'm not a min/maxer but I definitely like my toons to perform well.   I've been trying to put off diving too deep in to Mids. I guess I will have to.

As SeraphimKensai and others pointed out, yes and no.  If you open the build in MiDs and see Resistance values over 75% that is (mostly) wasted on a Scrapper.  Almost everything else transfers with different effects based on lower health etc.  This is more of an issue on Resistance Armor builds.  Which in my opinion are better as Brute Tanks, just from build theory crafting. Your Def builds or a mixed build like Invul will encounter this less.  Some Armors have one super high Res value.  That you can just ignore. CoH has oddities like that, that make sense from a theme point if not an efficiency point

Here's a Scrapper and Brute version of a build I did for Claws/ea. I think they are at least 99% of what I have in game. I did a straight copy with switching the ATOs out, and went from there. I've actually used a Stalker build as a template for a Brute version of the same sets. I'm not sure if I have those in final form though. I switched PCs, so the Stalker is maybe lacking. Again, numbers across ATs will be different, so you just have to tweak here and there, and at worst the build should be decent. I've been known more recently to change builds once I hit 50, and I'm able to kick their tires while soloing.

Without Mercy - Scrapper (Claws - Energy Aura).mbd Without Remorse - Brute (Claws - Energy Aura).mbd

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."