Please remove the -DEF crash on Rage

The -DEF debuff/crash on Rage is gutting this set to the point of taking away choice because the 20% -DEF debuff simply destroys Defense based sets.

If you MUST have something in there, some suggestions/alternatives:

• Increase the recharge length so it cannot be stacked
  • Make it a "standard" click Build-Up
  • Increase the -END drop

These would be preferable to gutting defense when it drops ... (which Rage provides no DEF buff to begin with).

No no no no...

Not no to your suggestion, but no to a new thread on this.

Please kindly add your thoughts here-

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3304.0.html

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• Increase the recharge length so it cannot be stacked
  • Make it a "standard" click Build-Up
  • Increase the -END drop

Oh boy, here we go again. Let's hope this thread stays more productive.

Making it standard Build-Up would end up hurting SS as a set overall. Increasing the recharge so it can't be made perma with SOs also would hurt the set.

I can see making it non-stackable, but as long as the draw-back that its crash provides is bad enough, I don't see being stackable as an issue.

The real problem with the current situation is that it favors some armor sets over others, and that's not ideal. My suggestion instead of -DEF is having self-damage added to the crash. Just take whatever amount of damage -DEF was meant to cause, and start there. Keep all the other penalties as is. Just one change. Not an entire re-write to a power or a whole set.

Keep it simple, amirite?

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

No no no no...

Usually, I'd agree with you. But hasn't that thread become a long winded mess? I ask because I couldn't bring myself to keep going back to it. Maybe it's improved since then.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

No no no no...

Usually, I'd agree with you. But hasn't that thread become a long winded mess? I ask because I couldn't bring myself to keep going back to it. Maybe it's improved since then.

There are several Dev posts in that thread that are kind of critical to the conversation I think.  This post, if history is our guide, can only serve to dredge up the worst of the arguments without any of the context that got us there...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

No no no no...

There are several Dev posts in that thread that are kind of critical to the conversation I think.  This post, if history is our guide, can only serve to dredge up the worst of the arguments without any of the context that got us there...

Hmm... I'll give it another try then.