Tequila vanished can't launch CoH anymore?

DreamingShad

I changed nothing about my PC. Went to bed and woke up and now I can't play CoH. The Tequila launcher icon turned into a sheet of paper and when I tried to launch it it said the shortcut had been changed or moved. I went to my actual C:/CoH folder and I can't figure out what I am suppose to run to lunch the game. CityofHeroes.exe and Homecoming.exe both say the files are corrupt and need repaired but how? Also I downloaded Homecoming again and the launcher is completely different than the tequila one (photo attached) - it's a completely new install and I have no access to my original CoH data like costimes or account data. Kinda lost of what is going on.

Could someone tell me the name of the .exe and the file path to? I left everything as default when I first downloaded so maybe that will help me to locate the actual executable I need to run to play the game again with all my original data.

My friend said the game is launched from Tequila.exe but that executable is not in my COH folder anymore and nothing in my recycle bin matches it. So Tequila.exe just vanished and I don't know how to get it back. Even the new launcher doesn't have anything called Tequila.exe

CoH New Launcher.png

Edited by DreamingShad

Shad, it shows you are not logged in in the upper left corner. See if logging into the Homecoming forums (and stay logged in) helps.

Also, this is a free little program that is better than any Windows search, and may be able to find what you are looking for. It's called 'Everything'

https://www.voidtools.com/

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• City Council
On 12/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, DreamingShad said:

I changed nothing about my PC. Went to bed and woke up and now I can't play CoH. The Tequila launcher icon turned into a sheet of paper and when I tried to launch it it said the shortcut had been changed or moved. I went to my actual C:/CoH folder and I can't figure out what I am suppose to run to lunch the game. CityofHeroes.exe and Homecoming.exe both say the files are corrupt and need repaired but how? Also I downloaded Homecoming again and the launcher is completely different than the tequila one (photo attached) - it's a completely new install and I have no access to my original CoH data like costimes or account data. Kinda lost of what is going on.

Could someone tell me the name of the .exe and the file path to? I left everything as default when I first downloaded so maybe that will help me to locate the actual executable I need to run to play the game again with all my original data.

My friend said the game is launched from Tequila.exe but that executable is not in my COH folder anymore and nothing in my recycle bin matches it. So Tequila.exe just vanished and I don't know how to get it back. Even the new launcher doesn't have anything called Tequila.exe

CoH New Launcher.png

You have the "Homecoming Launcher" which is the current suggested method of launching the game.  It shows "Homecoming" as installed, what happens if you hit the triangular "Play" button next to Homecoming in the list to the left?  You can not launch the game exes directly you have to launch the game via a launcher (Tequila or HC Launcher), or you have to know exactly what arguments to launch the game with.