Creating an internal teleport

From what I've read here on this forum, you create an internal portal by placing a portal object, and linking it to a nearby (how near?) beacon.

I've tried, but for some reason, cannot figure out how to link them. 

Could someone point me to a walk-through on how to accomplish this?  I'd like to create doors leading from one part of my base to another.

8) Eric the Grey

Hey Eric,

Nudge me @BBBadger. I can show you in game.

BUT if you can't meet me there....

You first need to put down a POINT. There is a teleportation POINT tab in the base building tab. The first one is Aleph. So let's so you put the Alepth POINT down where you want to be teleported to. Great! But now you need to create a teleporter. So you create a teleporter (like usual) but instead of putting in a ZONE TP (example: Sharkhead, Mercy, Altas Park), you would instead scroll over on the Teleporter Tab until you find an Alepth teleportation screen/scroll. You would drop that screen/scroll near the Teleporter (like usual). Now, when you click on the Teleporter, you'd get the options to teleport to the Aleph Point.

I can show you in the game if this doesn't make sense.

It's actually 3 things for inside base teleporting:

1) A teleporter (the mechanism with which you use to activate the power).

2) A beacon (the thing that tells the teleporter which target point you are being ported to when you click on that teleporter)

3) And the Point (you place this where you physically want to show up.) <-you put this at the far end.

Also, what isn't clear is that Tech Beacons only work with Tech teleporters, and Arcane beacons only work with Arcane teleporters. For example, if you put down a Tech Aleph Beacon (display screen) next to an Arcane teleporter, nothing will happen. The target points will work with either. But only use 1 target point.

For example, if I wanted to go from one end of a room space to the very far end and I wanted it to be tech looking: I would grab a Tech Porter (ex: a Interdimensional Shard) and set it by a Tech Beacon Aleph (a display screen called Aleph) and mount them at one end of the room. Then I go ALL the way to the other end of the room and put in an Aleph Point.

1 and 2 above must be close to each other.

The distance you can set the porter and beacon from each other seems a bit variable, but I've set them quite a distance apart. Around corners, and opposite sides of the space from each other.

A teleporter can "attach" to a beacon you didn't intend it to pair with when it's a short distance away. This happens if you put a bunch of teleporters in the same room with each other.

Tip: You didn't ask about it but you can also do neat things like "Hide" the beacon inside of something else. Like if you don't want a display screen in the space, you could tuck it inside of a box or behind a wall. I've stuck tech beacon screens in all sorts of places. Vending machines, crates, stone columns. There are a couple of places where I didn't want a monitor in plain view, and there is nothing to hide it behind, so I put it below floor level (if you have one or both raised floors in that space) or attached it to the back-side of a wall light. It's really a cool effect if you want the space to be austere or not have a bunch of obvious clutter.

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

Portal + Beacon goes to a point.

Portal + Beacon must pair by proximity and match by style.  This is why you will find both of them in the same tab. 

The point itself can be placed anywhere.

Remember to set a separate portal + beacon and point to get back to where you came from.  ;)

Ok, I managed to make one teleport and then messed it up making a backtrack.  I didn't have a lot of time, but I now understand the process. 

One other question.  Is there a way to make the teleport instantaneous without a dialog showing up?  Example: A teleport with only one destination I'd like be able to click on the porter and just go to the destination.  I'm guessing not, but it's worth asking.

At any rate, thanks again for the help.

8)Eric the Grey