Is there a way to set costume change based on combat status?

nightroarer

I have two costumes on a character that I would like to toggle between based on whether I am in combat or not (i.e., in combat uses costume 0, out of combat uses costume 1).

Is this possible? I know I can use /cc 0 and /cc 1 manually, but I am curious as to whether this can be automated or not.

What you're describing requires an IF-THEN-ELSE conditional (to check for In Combat status).

There are no IF-THEN-ELSE conditionals available to macros and/or binds.

You can "fake it" by writing macros/binds that will ALWAYS execute a costume change in association with activating a power, but that's not the same as what you were asking for.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I think the closest you can get is attaching a costume change to an armor power activation.  Just make sure to make a seperate button for turning the armor power off and reverting the costume.  Its easy enough to do.  Its not perfect, but it works. 

It may be easier, overall, to just assign your costume slots to the NumPad if you don't use it for anything else. Put your main combat look on NumPad0, so it's easy to hit, and your street look on NumPad1... then any others on the rest.

I use (numpad) Multiply, myself - bare, it switches to Slot 1, my combat armor; Ctrl+Multiply switches to street look. Shift and Alt could be used for other looks.

I'm not sure combining the change with, say, armor activation is all that great an idea, appealing as it is.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com