Community Challenge: The Great Outdoors

• Retired Community Rep
Posted (edited)

Community Challenge: The Great Outdoors
                       - A Base Building Contest - 

OutdoorsChallenge.thumb.jpg.f8d1483b38a4d0b0020847ab78f0260c.jpg

Special Guest Challenger: Wravis (Jibily)

The Challenge:
Wravis has decided it's time to branch out with a new challenge and wood you believe it, you're all invited! That's right, a tree-mendous nature base contest. No walls! No buildings! Just nature! Minimal paths and man-made bridges. Tents and camping stuff is okay. Litter and/or discarded items are acceptable (but bad for the planet). 
It's time to dig deep and sprout your creative ideas because the timer starts... NOW!

Additional Criteria:

The judges will be looking for the following in your bases:

• No visible base walls: Builders can choose whether they want to build in base or above, just be sure to camouflage those walls
  • Foliage color realism, or thematically appropriate surrealism
  • Unique land formations (Did you just use a flat plane and default rocks and hills? Or did you terraform?
    Hint: Terraform
    =happy judges)
  • Cohesion: Do the various pieces come together to look like an actual scene in nature?

Rules:

• Contest begins the moment this post drops - so it's already started! - and ends on January 23rd at 9pm EST *Contest end date extension due to RL storms/outages*

• Challenges are judged by the CRs and Wravis

• Post your base code on this entry thread by the deadline to enter

• Entries may be solo work, or collaborations

• Valid entries must be made in a base created after the start of the contest. Meaning, all bases will have SG/VG codes higher than the following:

- Everlasting: 31729
    - Excelsior: 28869

- Indomitable: 10127
    - Reunion: 8020
    - Torchbearer: 13394

HC-Awarded Prizes:

The Winner of the Contest will get: 

• 2000 Merits
  • The gold title "Great Outdoors Champion"

And More...
For the Fine Print and additional info on Community Challenges (like, "How do I become a Special Guest Challenger??) please read the sister post here from CR Dacy.

As always, please have fun, challenge yourself and see what you can do!
- CR's Dacy & Easter Bunny and Special Guest Challenger Wravis

*Disclaimer: Contest judging is subjective and everyone's tastes are different. Please be kind to our judges who volunteer their time to run these community events. If you have any issues, please contact Dacy and Easter Bunny here or on Discord!

Edited by Easter Bunny
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

(\/)     EB 
   ( . . )    Retired Community Rep  |  
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

• Retired Community Rep
Posted (edited)

Great Outdoors Base Submission Form:

Reminder, the deadline for the contest is Tuesday
, January 23rd at 9pm EST 

SG Leader's Global:
Discord handle (if applicable): 
Base or SG Name:
Shard:
Passcode:
Other associated contributors; up to 4 more people: 

Edited by Easter Bunny
  • Thumbs Up 1

(\/)     EB 
Active Base Advocate

c (") (")   Community Base Directory  |  Base Building Guide  |  Base Building Discord 

The standard grass items are just flat planes. There are also grassy hills, and big rocks. You can combine all of those pieces to create land that looks more natural than a flat grass plane.

• Thumbs Up 1

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

• Retired Community Rep

All -

We encourage you to review the original post. The Prizes section was amended to reflect HC contest guidelines.

❤️
-EB

(\/)     EB 
Active Base Advocate

In addition to the rewards given by Homecoming's fine Community Reps, I will be giving 1 billion influence to the winner out of my own personal coffers!

Go forth and make pretty things!

• Like 1

Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

• Retired Community Rep

Due to the severe storms that have been pounding the country and cutting off power to people for significant stretches of time, we decided to extend the deadline for the Challenge: The Great Outdoors contest by 2 days. The new deadline is TUESDAY, JANUARY 23 at 9 PM EST. That's more than another week to work up your very own Nature view/retreat/refuge/park, what have you. Plenty of time! And we encourage even you new people to give it a try, because you never know what you're gong to be really good at until you give it a try.

• Thumbs Up 2

(\/)     EB 
Active Base Advocate

The entry period is over! Thank you everyone who submitted a base!

We'll start checking out the bases and judging shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1