Symphony --Dom or Controller??

SuperPlyx

Symphony --Dom or Controller??  

13 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion is Symphony better as a Dominator or a Controller?

• Dominator
    • Controller

The only Symphony/ toon of mine that is still in my rotation is my Symphony/Fire Dom, but I still voted Controller as far as synergies go. Here are two more factors that come into play besides the already-mentioned “cones want to play at range” bit.

1) The pet. Its main purpose is stacking mag with your own mezzes, BUT Doms don’t need help with that, making the pet mostly useless on a Dom.

2) Proc bombs. Symphony has a lot of proc damage potential, but Doms have a harder time going all out on procs due to the need for more recharge bonuses.

That said, it’s still fun on both AT’s. Confounding Chant is awesome either way.

Both are great.

Beyond some of the good points already made, Controllers have another advantage. Symphony wants to be spamming as much of the primary as possible for echos from reverberant.

On a controller, you could do this all day without much opportunity cost. Choose a low maintenance secondary like cold and you're good to go.

On a dom, this playstyle wouldn't afford much time to use your secondary.

On the other hand, domination enhanced symphony controls are great! You can't go wrong with either. 

4 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Both are great.

Beyond some of the good points already made, Controllers have another advantage. Symphony wants to be spamming as much of the primary as possible for echos from reverberant.

On a controller, you could do this all day without much opportunity cost. Choose a low maintenance secondary like cold and you're good to go.

On a dom, this playstyle wouldn't afford much time to use your secondary.

On the other hand, domination enhanced symphony controls are great! You can't go wrong with either. 

I just skip the pet on Doms tbh. There’s too rarely any reason to have more mez magnitude than the Dom can put out itself. I can’t imagine the pet makes much difference in AV fights, the only place where mag 4 won’t cut it.

Edited by arcane

I’ve got both at L50, which I play depends on my mood, do I want any responsibility or not.

The Dom is Symphony/Sonic, this plays at range only and is very Blastery. Sonic giving some ranged attacks and extra control with a KB/KD cone.

The Controller is Symphony/Cold, good fun but does pull more aggro and there’s the obligation to buff and monitor team health - some may need assistance by applying debuffs too.

So yeah, my question would be how do you want to play, both are good.

I voted Dom by the way as it reflects my mood currently, tomorrow who knows….

Edited by Psiphon
Addition

My Symphonic Control character is Blue Aria, SYM/SON and I love her.  But I know cats who play Dom versions and they love them.  I do have a lot of procs in there.  Glorious music I make with her.

They just have to change the sounds to be more symphonic . . . And I have tried the mod.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 2 weeks later