Yeee hawwwwww (aka Musings on my "home" shard)

"It was the late spring of nineteen when I first trekked over from somewhere best not mentioned and first set eyes on these here shards. Course, first thing I did was set up on Reunion, on account of me bein' English an' all...

I'd spent all my life on Defiant, with the occasional dabble on other shards once things merged, but Defiant was always home fer me. So Reunion seemed like a good fit. 'Cept it wasn't. Well, it was fine til the first blush rubbed off, then it turned into a kinda ghost town fer a while. I had fun there, don't say I'm mindin' nuthin'.

I'd made a couple of Ess Gees, and I'd got some good characters. I was playin' stuff diffent to what I'd been used to on live. I made a couple of Masterminds and run them all the way to 50, Incarnates and slotted them pretty good too. Slay Belle was my favorite, on account she was a special "Holiday toon." She comes out during the winter break and wreaks havoc on all parts of the City and the Isles. She don't mind a thing, and her Demons, well they kinda help her make a point. But she goes back in the box around January and don't come back out unless there's something special goin' on cuz like I said, she's a Crissmus toon.

Scarlet of course was one of the others I made and got to 50 but by the time I'd done all that, mostly the shard was full of nuthin' but tumbleweed and a few farmers trying to make a living diggin' Pocket Dirt. So I took a leave of absence. I rode on out, spent some time back in a Secret World. Course, it was legendary by then... so they said. Seems these days folks take content out, charge more and call it "legend" just to make poor folk look dumber than they really are but that's by the by. I spent a good while there, I got Illuminated good there. Had some fun but then needed to move on again. Itchy feet and keyboards don't wait for no man.

I found a nice lil home, kinda like our Paragon in some ways but it was set in a future where stuff was just crazy and it was all PVP. It even had Atlas! Cept this Atlas, well he weren't no giant heero... this one was a reactor, and we had to stop it blowin' the world to Kingdom come. We wuz getting pretty good at that too... until Gamigo turned up one morning, shined their bright lights on it and rode us out of that town on a very fast rail. I tell you, if you wanna see a game killed faster than NCSoft kills a game, you just go watch Gamigo a their work. Yessir, when it comes to killin' stuff, they make Billy the Kid look like a damned pussy. I doubt I'll have much else to do with them again.

Here's a funny thing tho... seems like some clever folks might have resurrected Atlas Reactor just like our boys did with our home. It's kinda a work in progress but it'll be good to see it back.

So then I got in my trusty old Highlander mech and went me a pilotin for MWO. I didn't much  mind where I played or for what team, I just load my mechs up with lasers, missiles or dakkadakka and blow shit to smithereens. Damn that game was fun but it cost me a fortune and... well my trigger finger's not as fast as it used to be and I'm not as quick on the draw as I was when I was a young buck and I mostly got shot before I could shoot them. But every now and then I pop over to the Inner Sphere and raise some whoopee but I usually come back busted up and bruised. My mech techs ain't too impressed with me, I tell ya.

So I figured I'd come back here a few months ago and I been doin' the rounds, seeing what's worth seeing. I been everywhere... well... almost everywhere. I came back and started on Excelsior on account that the Great Stan Lee taught me that word when I was knee-high to a very small bug. But that was mostly bigger farms in Pocket dirt and big toons running stuff in Ouroboros. OH, there was a @Snarky too, doing his undead vampirella thing. I seed him a few times but I don't think he even knew I was there.

So I tried my hand at Everlasting. That was pretty good. Had some fun times there too. Whisper it quiet now, but I even got to do a lil bitty bit a role playing. Not too much mind, just enough. And it was fun and there was people around and mostly I was having some fun here and there but I wasn't wedded to the place. It was fine, nothing wrong with it but it never ever quite felt like I belonged. Kinda like when you ride in to a three horse town where everyone already knows one another and you end up sitting at the end of the bar drinkin' alone. For the most part.

So then the news broke how we was all official and such, how we'd got a licence and could look the world in they eye and they weren't gonna look down on us like the illegitimate read headed bastard boy we always thought we were. We had made it!

That got me to thinking. I figured I'd do something outrageous. An' I went did it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I done some crazy shit in my time, and I've always been glad to admit I done it, and let me tell you, I'm glad to admit it now. I made an Ess Gee on Indomitable. I made some main concept toons and put 'em in it. You might already a read about a couple of the glass girls. Well they're kinda my mains for the moment and I made them right there, on that Indom shard and I'm damned proud to say that's exactly what I done. Ain't nobody gonna take that away from me.

Hell I went further than that. I transferred some fifty cal toons from Excelsior, Reunion and Everlasting to Indomitable too. I got toons on there now, I can run all kind of content in the game and I can run it from there and ain't nobody gonna tell me I can't. So I'm figurin' that's kinda my home now. I dunno what we call home these days here but I'm fixin' to spend most of my time on Indom unless I'm really needed elsewhere.

So you better think about bringin' some toons over to join me so we can party and make a ruckus and such. We'll have a fine ol' time.

Yeah yeah I made some toons on Torchbearer too... everyone does, but they never admits to it much. But I made my good ones on Indomitable and that's where they are stayin'. Even my fancy new plant/storm controller I been blabbin on about in the troller pages.  So you wanna join me in a team? I'll see you over there, and be glad to as well. Door's open any time.

So now, get to rollin' yourself a new toon there and when you do send a poke to @Riff in game or PM me here and I'll be happy to join you in acts of heroism, deeds of derring do, or plain ol' villainy. We're here to raise hell and kick ass and we've got plenty of both.

Now go pour me another of those fine whiskeys, and I'll tell you what it used to be like on Live!

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
yee haw
  • Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• Scarlet Shocker changed the title to Yeee hawwwwww (aka Musings on my "home" shard)
3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Yeah yeah I made some toons on Torchbearer too... everyone does, but they never admits to it much.

I'll admit it.  Ironblade is on Torchbearer - and every other shard.  All of them are level 50 and two of them are all tier 4 incarnate.

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Glacier Peak is and has been on Indomitable since June 2019. I've thrown down name holder characters on all other shards for that name in case shards ever merge. I refuse to transfer this character in order to participate in regularly scheduled league content - I know more players will come to Indomitable eventually and I can join or lead more events then. I've got a unique permanent gold title that I like and don't want it to disappear. I've soloed everything (short of Hamidon and Incarnate trials) in the game, gathered nearly all badges, and completed my own goals with the character, but I don't consider the character as completed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png