Page 7 AE Questions

Maris

I'm really glad to see more powersets ported over into AE. That being said, I do have two questions pertaining to changes made in Page 7.

Are the developers planning on replacing Time Bomb in custom creature traps and devices with Temporal Bomb and Remote Bomb respectively?

Are there plans to add in a version Arsenal Control/Assault as a custom enemy powerset?

• 2 weeks later
11 hours ago, The Curator said:

Architect Entertainment

New Custom Enemy Options

• Added Bio Armor as Secondary option
  • Added Electrical Affinity as Secondary option
  • Added Martial Assault as Attack and Secondary options
  • Added Nature Affinity as Secondary option
  • Added Ninja Training as Secondary option
  • Added Plant Manipulation as Secondary option
  • Added Psionic Melee as Attack and Secondary options
  • Added Radiation Armor as Secondary option
  • Added Radiation Melee as Attack and Secondary options
  • Added Radioactive Assault as Attack and Secondary options
  • Added Savage Melee as Secondary option
  • Added Savage Assault as Secondary option
  • Added Sonic Assault as Secondary option
  • Added Sonic Manipulation as Secondary option
  • Added Tactical Arrow as Secondary option
  • Added Temporal Manipulation as Secondary option
  • Added Traps as Secondary option
  • Added Water Blast as Attack and Secondary options

New NPC Enemy Options

• Freedom Phalanx Penelope Yin added to available AE critter offerings.

Mission Maps

• Fixed pathing beacon issues with all Arachnoid Warehouse map's second floors.
  • Fixed a glowie that was inside a wall in the AE version of the Smelting Cauldron warehouse map.

I feel like we might want a Focused Feedback for this, there's a lot of powersets added as secondaries this patch. Additionally, if they're looking at pathing issues for NPCs, the Praetorian Tunnels needs a quick pass for the staircases, as NPCs get stuck there very frequently.

Edited by Lockely
  • Thanks 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

As someone who wrote for AE a lot before shutdown, seeing map fixes is actually exciting.  However, there's still glowies that aren't accessible on Smelting Cauldron.  Two of them, one roughly at [-745.1 0.0 88.7] and the other [-755.5 0.0 28.1] on the floor, are inside the big boiler in the last room.  The third is on a wall at roughly [-834.2 0.0 153.3] where you can't jump out.  I think it's either inside a shipping container or there's an invisible ceiling.  I found these by maxing out the number of collectibles and using the test setting to jump to objective.  Also, I think the numbers are off since it said you could place 40+ of floor and wall objectives but the mission only had around 15 of each.  Makes sense for the size of the map that there's not 40 of each but that might need adjusting in the mission settings if you can't actually set that many.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
2 minutes ago, ZamuelNow said:

As someone who wrote for AE a lot before shutdown, seeing map fixes is actually exciting.  However, there's still glowies that aren't accessible on Smelting Cauldron.  Two of them, one roughly at [-745.1 0.0 88.7] and the other [-755.5 0.0 28.1] on the floor, are inside the big boiler in the last room.  The third is on a wall at roughly [-834.2 0.0 153.3] where you can't jump out.  I think it's either inside a shipping container or there's an invisible ceiling.  I found these by maxing out the number of collectibles and using the test setting to jump to objective.  Also, I think the numbers are off since it said you could place 40+ of floor and wall objectives but the mission only had around 15 of each.  Makes sense for the size of the map that there's not 40 of each but that might need adjusting in the mission settings if you can't actually set that many.

I'll look into these. Thanks!

• Thanks 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 2/1/2024 at 8:53 AM, Lockely said:

I feel like we might want a Focused Feedback for this, there's a lot of powersets added as secondaries this patch. Additionally, if they're looking at pathing issues for NPCs, the Praetorian Tunnels needs a quick pass for the staircases, as NPCs get stuck there very frequently.

Seconded on a pass of the Praetorian Tunnels maps. I was testing a map this weekend (the caves that emerge into Tyrant's throne room) and had two NPC allies get stuck. One got stuck in a cave wall and the other in the cave floor. Different spots on the map.

Thanks for everything you all are doing with this update! Very excited.