Why did I just earn the Passport badge?

Pleonast

So, my main character, created 2019-04-30, while in the middle of the "Save Kadabra Kill and Sigil" mission from Heather Townsend just now earned the badge Passport while in the middle of combat some with some Knives of Vengeance. Looking at the wiki page ( https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Passport_Badge ), this does not make any sense. Is this a bug, or is the documentation wrong?

The American Dream, Willpower/Kinetic Melee Tanker, Everlasting.

3 hours ago, Pleonast said:

So, my main character, created 2019-04-30, while in the middle of the "Save Kadabra Kill and Sigil" mission from Heather Townsend just now earned the badge Passport while in the middle of combat some with some Knives of Vengeance. Looking at the wiki page ( https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Passport_Badge ), this does not make any sense. Is this a bug, or is the documentation wrong?

Yes, this is odd that you got it inside a mission.  The badge is awarded after collecting all of a zone's explore badges and receiving the accolade for that zone. 

Did you by chance happen to collect all 8 of DA's explore badges right before entering the mish?  Perhaps there was a bit of delay in rewarding it?  However, that is still odd behavior as it is typically awarded immediately.  

I've certainly had some badges show up with SIGNIFICANT delay at time. Like, several MINUTES. It's rare, but it happens - presumably when the servers are having a bad case of the hiccups. And that would indeed seem to be the most likely explanation for this... but if you DIDN'T collect an exploration-badge (that may have been the last one you were missing from that set) a modest amount of time before entering that instance, yeah, that's WEIRD.

Honestly, though, it's almost more surprising that a years-old character running around Dark Astoria doesn't ALREADY have the Passport-badge... I mean, it's dead easy to get, even if you don't wanna chase exploration-badges you can just hang out in Pocket D for an hour while chatting or browsing the AH, and that Long-Range Teleporter is pretty damn useful...