Looking for tips on impactful IO Procs / Synergies for Water/Cold

Nezix

I'm not familiar with Corruptor / Ranged IO sets, so I'm looking for synergies that as an newcomer I wouldn't know about. I discovered the Chance for Hide and Buildup recharge options for Stalker way to late and I want to make sure I don't miss anything like that on my future Water/Cold corruptor.

Edit: My goal is to focus on a fun AoE damage build that is almost entirely pve team play.

Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge - I think this can only go on Hydro Blast or Water Burst. The first is low recharge so I will use it often, but the latter hits a bunch of targets and the wiki says it's chance to proc is per enemy hit. But if I do that I can't put the full Malice of the Corruptor set on Water Burst (which seems good).

Gaussian's: Chance for Build Up - I think this just goes on Tidal Forces right?

What else is out there and where would you put it?

Edit: Which Corruptor ATO would you get first (would you get both or either) and where would they go? I want to put in things like Force Feedback +Recharge and -Res powers but they mean I can't us a complete set either.

Thanks!

I will have to check when I get home, I left mine at 47 when I dreamed up a new alt lol.

But IIRC, Water Burst and Hydro Blast are your mains for FF+Rech, as well as Geyser possibly? I don't think I slotted Geyser with it if I could, because of the longer recharge on it already. You'll have to make a decision on whether it is worth it or not long run in those powers. Personally I think that once you hit 50 or so, if you build for +recharge you won't need it, but YMMV.

Guassian's should go on Tidal, if you run Tactics it might go there too (never tried).

Offhand I know I use Celerity +stealth, and I'm using 5 LotG +Rechg in my defensives, 1 Karma -KB, 1 Reactive Def +scaling dmg res, Performance Shifter +end in Stamina, and a couple more uniques or singles that I can't recall. The sets are mostly focused around extra +def, especially ranged, and +recharge. I think I have a build on Pine's, non-final, and if I can remember I'll post it tonight or this weekend. I probably won't remember, I have some poor soul waiting on my Plant/MA guide that I keep flaking on too lol.

I will have to check when I get home, I left mine at 47 when I dreamed up a new alt lol.

But IIRC, Water Burst and Hydro Blast are your mains for FF+Rech, as well as Geyser possibly? I don't think I slotted Geyser with it if I could, because of the longer recharge on it already. You'll have to make a decision on whether it is worth it or not long run in those powers. Personally I think that once you hit 50 or so, if you build for +recharge you won't need it, but YMMV.

Guassian's should go on Tidal, if you run Tactics it might go there too (never tried).

Offhand I know I use Celerity +stealth, and I'm using 5 LotG +Rechg in my defensives, 1 Karma -KB, 1 Reactive Def +scaling dmg res, Performance Shifter +end in Stamina, and a couple more uniques or singles that I can't recall. The sets are mostly focused around extra +def, especially ranged, and +recharge. I think I have a build on Pine's, non-final, and if I can remember I'll post it tonight or this weekend. I probably won't remember, I have some poor soul waiting on my Plant/MA guide that I keep flaking on too lol.

Thanks for the info, if you remember more please add it :) I'm not looking for a full build, but things like the Karma -KB or various synergies with certain powers is good to know!

Does the Stealth from Celerity let you just run around like a Stalker or do you have to avoid running right over mobs?

Thanks for the info, if you remember more please add it :) I'm not looking for a full build, but things like the Karma -KB or various synergies with certain powers is good to know!

Does the Stealth from Celerity let you just run around like a Stalker or do you have to avoid running right over mobs?

Coupled with Arctic Fog, it gives you total stealth. Of course things with perception will affect that, so it's always good to be overly careful.

Setwise I use quite a few Posi's Blast on the AOEs for recharge, only 5 slots with the sixth a recharge IO. I also use Thunderstrike on a lot of single target attacks, it's a superb way to build ranged defense. I found my Pine's build, but apparently its way old and nothing like the current one I use. I'll try to rework it over the weekend if I don't die due to heat exhaustion at my kids' softball tournament.

For defensive purposes, you'll probably want Thunderstrike in your single target attacks.

Your AE attacks don't have particularly good sets, but you can split your ATO across both (the one with the 3-slot recharge) and slot Force Feedback there. Your other ATO also gives strong bonuses and can be placed in the Rain.

Cold Domination doesn't require much in the way of slots. You've got the shields to mule all the defense set procs. Steamy Mist can mule the resist set ones and you've got 3/5 powers for LotG.

None of the debuffs require much slotting - mainly accuracy/recharge - and unless you want damage procs, there aren't all that many worthwhile sets to put there. I'd recommend some slow in Sleet Storm just so you can keep minions from running away.

In all likelihood you'll find yourself short on powers and long on slots, which will affect pool selection.