How to Regen

HiddenWings

I'd like to build a Seismic Sentinel, and while I did think I wanted Bio Armor because it fits the concept, I don't actually like it very much in practice; I'd like something a bit less busy and a bit less obtrusive. According to some here Sentinels have the best version of Regen (I'm assuming this is because of Instant Regeneration?) and it seems like a thing I'd like to try. What sort of things are good to take in Regen? How important is the initial self-heal? I didn't see anything that looks like an obvious skip, so I'm having a bit of a hard time parsing this one.

While there are some other powersets that could work here, I'd like to avoid:

• Stone, because I want this character's secondary to be about other abilities, and
  • SR, for character power duplication reasons.
  • Other "elemental" options for theme reasons.

I have a Radiation/Regen Sentinel which is quite fun.  Difficult to kill but I also attriubte that to my attack cycle having two PBAoE Knockdowns (Irradiate and Engulfing Darkness slotted with chance for KD procs) followed up with the nuke giving things less chance to fight back.  Off the top of my head I believe I only skipped the Rez power but I did so without realizing that it can be used while alive and haven't gone back to see if it's worthwhile which it probably is.

Reconstruction isn't great.  It gives the Toxic resist but is on a slower cooldown than Healing Flames, plus the heal doesn't account for your max HP boosts and feels less effective as a result.  It's still good to have but it's pretty underwhelming when you have the absorbs and high regen rates healing you up anyway.

But i'm no expert, if someone else wants to tell me i'm wrong let me know.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Rad/Regen as well.  Similar with the two AOE Knockdowns.   Slotted Second Wind with power transfer End Mod plus proc to get a 6% regen bonus.

Pretty hard to kill and even if, gets right back up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Dual Pistol/Regen/ninja Deadpool homage here.  Very durable, not the best +DEF so it gets shot a lot and insta-heals, but that’s what makes it feel like Deadpool.  

I was honestly surprised when I built the toon how well it plays.  Regen on a Sent is easily the best version of Regen available right now.  You’ll be tempted to build for +DEF because so many IO builds lean that way, and you can get really good +DEF by end game, but what you want is as much +Regen and +RES as possible.  Really sturdy build.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1