Enemy “gathering” abilities.

1 hour ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

I think that takes care of general power pools.

Teleportation

Speed

Fighting

Leadership (unless there is something much better I missed)

These are the ones I took on mine. Just Hasten out of Speed, and the Cast of Usual Suspects out of the Fighting and Leadership. 

• Thanks 1

So I’ve been looking at Incarnate system to understand it better. 

It looks like alpha I would want spiritual 

And for destiny I would want Ageless

For Judgment I have no idea maybe Ion or Might?

Interface No idea maybe gravitic would be synergetic

Lore pet no idea and for Hybrid Maybe Control? Not really sure on those synergies 

Edited by Cpt. Caveat

Unless you're specifically going spiritual core, you may be better off going with agility core (or radial) instead of spiritual Radial.  You get the same recharge bonus, but also get bonuses to defense and endurance mod.

Ageless Radial is nice because you get debuff resistance.  Clarion is nice for permanent mez protection.

Lore: storm elementals radial and tsoo radial both have hurricane, but you don't really control it, so mob positioning benefits are minimal.  Longbow has good -regen, which is something that time lacks a bit in, so that's a nice feature.

Interface: I've done some testing and against +3 foes or higher, your best bet is reactive radial.  The problem is every DPS takes this, so teaming means you hit the cap pretty quickly.

Hybrid: Support Radial is very nice to have on teams, giving a little bit of a lot of buffs.  I don't remember which melee it is, but the one that provides resistance might stack well if you already have soft capped defenses.  I'd avoid the one that provides defense, because that also taunts.

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

12 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Unless you're specifically going spiritual core, you may be better off going with agility core (or radial) instead of spiritual Radial.  You get the same recharge bonus, but also get bonuses to defense and endurance mod.

Ageless Radial is nice because you get debuff resistance.  Clarion is nice for permanent mez protection.

Lore: storm elementals radial and tsoo radial both have hurricane, but you don't really control it, so mob positioning benefits are minimal.  Longbow has good -regen, which is something that time lacks a bit in, so that's a nice feature.

Interface: I've done some testing and against +3 foes or higher, your best bet is reactive radial.  The problem is every DPS takes this, so teaming means you hit the cap pretty quickly.

Hybrid: Support Radial is very nice to have on teams, giving a little bit of a lot of buffs.  I don't remember which melee it is, but the one that provides resistance might stack well if you already have soft capped defenses.  I'd avoid the one that provides defense, because that also taunts.

This is great. I like the agility core over spiritual after looking. 

Ageless radial unless I have mez issues in play. 

Reactive radial. Is this more for the dps boost (not sure if fire ticks will do prices) or the debuff res?

Lore and hybrid I may have to screw around with to see how they feel. 

What are the goto leadership these days? I’m guessing Vengeance and whatever the new one is for endurance. 

I’m guessing I want tactics unless I need maneuvers to hit a soft cap. 

Thanks for this info. Understanding the pros and cons on what is a lot of new stuff to me. 

Edited by Cpt. Caveat

Reactive Radial is more about the fire DoT than the -resist.  It's you want more -resist, you'd go Reactive Core.

For leadership, you have to take either Maneuvers or Assault to get tactics, and you need 2 of those 3 to get vengeance or Victory Rush.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

On 1/31/2024 at 10:25 AM, Andreah said:

I have an end-game Gravity/Time controller with combat teleport, teleport, teleport target, and fold space. It's absolutely awesome.

You can easily become defense soft-capped which makes you very tanky (you can pretend to be a tanker for short periods and a little luck).

You are highly mobile and can teleport yourself and your singularity wherever you want to be at. 

Slot your singularity with a KB ->KD  sudden acceleration, and it will happily basketball dribble the foes it drags in.

Both Wormhole and Fold Space benefit greatly from accuracy and recharge which you can get a lot of, and especially an occasional "Ultimate" Inspiration. That inspiration gives you a three minute temporary level shift, which increases your teleport magnitude on those two powers enough to move level 54 bosses and EB's, which ordinarily will resist those powers even if you are at 50+1. They're expensive, so unless you have a lot of influence to spend, use them with good judgment.

You can use keybinds to make your teleport powers are wormhole easier to work with, if you don't like using the mouse-reticle. E.g.,

/bind h powexeclocation camera:max Wormhole

/bind g powexeclocation target Combat Teleport

/bind shift+g powexeclocation target Teleport

You could use any keys you like; in this case I'm using h for wormHole and g for "go-to". Select any mob in a group, even if it's fairly far away, move back to where you want them, and look (camera) where you want them to go. Press h. Boom, it will grab them and throw them at the point your camera is looking at. It has surprising range and will go around corners and through walls this way.

G, and shift+g will be your mobility commands. Select a target or team-member, press g, and you will G-to them instantly. If you need to go further than combat teleport allows, press Shift-G. If you fall behind your team on a map, you can select one of them and teleport to them. Teleport doesn't suppress in combat, you can use this even while fighting. Since you are fairly tanky, you could run ahead, aggro a bunch of mobs, and teleport back to you team to do a long range pull safely.

You don't need any other travel powers. Teleport takes some getting used to, but it is extremely fast and flexible. Here's two binds I find to make Teleport easier to travel with:

/bind shift+lbutton powexecname Teleport

/bind shift+u powexeclocation up:max Teleport

The first one will teleport me to wherever my cursor is when I shift+left-click. You can do this in fairly rapid succession and it's very fast travel. But, buildings and obstacles will be in the way. That's when I use shift+u -- it teleports me straight up as far as I can go, and then it is much easier to line up more teleports to my destination.

Overall, Gravity/Time is a powerful and fun combination. You are second to no one for your ability to put mobs where you want them. Fold Space clears a bunch to you, your singularity will grab their aggro and bounce them -- a pretty good mitigation. Any fold space misses, you can grab with Wormhole and keep the pile of holds, slows, and destruction around your singularity fed. 

Do you happen to have a build you'd recommend? I'm about to roll my first controller since Live and picked Grav/Time because it sounds so neat.

• Game Master
On 1/31/2024 at 2:22 AM, Cpt. Caveat said:

Shesh I had no idea there were near this man “gather” powers out there.  That’s an interesting addition. I’ve never played a war shade. I know they have some ranged and melee builds but if we are looking at melee I’m guessing axe would do a better job though there may be a damage trade off. 

that said I realize a controller’s damage output would be lower than both but would come with additional CC effects once mobs were gathered

Warshades work by having as many enemies nearby as possible so they can suck their energy out and use it for their own defence, damage and self rez. Using their "gather enemies" power (shadow slip) they can teleport all the enemies in range (I think the limit is 16 but not totally sure) into a nice tight group at their feet. Most times it isn't a problem, shadow slip, eclipse, 2 mires, nuke. Turn into dwarf and mop up the survivors. Sometimes it backfires and you die so self rez (stygian return) and then eclipse, 2 mires, nuke and dwarf 🙂 Then a quick Dark Extraction for a short lived pet and move on to the next mob.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

Do you happen to have a build you'd recommend? I'm about to roll my first controller since Live and picked Grav/Time because it sounds so neat.

I've never published my personal one, which depends on being absolutely, embarrassingly, rich in-game; but this thread is recent and has some good older ones linked. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

Warshades work by having as many enemies nearby as possible so they can suck their energy out and use it for their own defence, damage and self rez. Using their "gather enemies" power (shadow slip) they can teleport all the enemies in range (I think the limit is 16 but not totally sure) into a nice tight group at their feet. Most times it isn't a problem, shadow slip, eclipse, 2 mires, nuke. Turn into dwarf and mop up the survivors. Sometimes it backfires and you die so self rez (stygian return) and then eclipse, 2 mires, nuke and dwarf 🙂 Then a quick Dark Extraction for a short lived pet and move on to the next mob.

I have a warshade with Shadow Slip too, and it's just as fun and effective as Fold Space. I've even wondered about using a second build taking the teleport pool TOO and getting Fold Space so I can cast both of them interleaved in rapid order. :D :D 

edit: .. and my purse overheard me and just called for ambulance. :D 

Edited by Andreah
  • Thumbs Up 1