Revamping of an old Claws/WP scrapper

Brass Angel

I haven't played WP much other than back in live but I'll give it a stab.

Things to consider:

Follow-up is your damage boost move, and it stacks. You should be running around with it giving you two stacks, so a permanent 75% damage boost. Don't skip it plz.

You've slotted Kick as a mule, which is understandable, but it's too good to waste when you could have swapped another mule for it.

Shockwave already does 100% KD so no need to slot the chance to KD in it.

If you like Eviscerate it's fine to take it, but it brings no benefits over simply doing Follow-up, Focus, Slash, repeat, until the cows come home.

A Force Feedback in Shockwave goes well to help make a gapless AoE rotation of Follow-up, Shockwave, Spin, repeat. Shockwave lets you punch above your weight by keeping a group of mobs constantly flopping around.

I'm not an expert in Willpower so maybe someone else will want to chime in, but for now you got this:

- S/L resistances tailored to be at 70% so that Barrier's permanent 5% will put them at the cap.

- S/L/E/N defenses at 40% so that Barrier's permanent 5% will put them at the softcap.

- With Rise to the Challenge the two above will be effectively at 45% even before Barrier since the ToHit debuff acts like defense to us, but it will not work on mobs not within the power's 8ft radius which is why I'd still recommend Barrier. I would anyway to shore up WP.

- Not as much regen as you previously had but still 63 HPS and borderline HP capped, both of these with accolades so try to grab them for that last boost.

- Strike and Punch are mules and not meant to be used. Strike while leveling or exemplared or when Hasten is down, sure.

- AoE rotation is Follow-up, Shockwave, Spin. Try to position yourself so Shockwave hits as many mobs as possible and you should be safe while the slicing and dicing happens.

- Single target rotation is Follow-up, Focus, Slash. If Hasten is down and there is too much of a gap only then use Strike.

Scrapper (Claws - Willpower).mbd

I appreciate the feedback. The Knockdown in Shockwave was because it does KB instead of KD. Having mobs fly away from my hurts the regen. The revamp you've posted looks greatly promising and I look forward to putting it to the test (once I get enough influence to buy what's needed). Thank you!

On 2/2/2024 at 1:52 AM, Brass Angel said:

I appreciate the feedback. The Knockdown in Shockwave was because it does KB instead of KD. Having mobs fly away from my hurts the regen. The revamp you've posted looks greatly promising and I look forward to putting it to the test (once I get enough influence to buy what's needed). Thank you!

Yes, but then you also slotted the chance to KB from Ragnorok which was what I meant. I also slotted Overwhelming Force in for the reason you mention.

image.png.9aa24c691d6f97ac1f88b75e897dab33.png

Check the newbie guide in my signature for money making o/

Ah. Thank you for the clarification. So far, with the exception of some endurance issues, it's holding up pretty well to my grinder with just some generic IOs. I bet it'll be phenomenal once I get the actual needed IOs in place.

• Thumbs Up 1