Sonic Resonance Feedback

Just wanted to share some feedback on the Sonic Resonance set. Have played this set since live and am currently enjoying it again here. While I like the set, many (myself include) do feel that it lags behind other sets. I recognize that on the Beta test server the recharge of Liquefy has been halved (from 300 to 150 secs). While this was a long-needed change, I would like to propose some other changes that would bring Sonic Resonance more in line with other support sets. And in general, bring it up from what many perceive to be the bottom of the barrel. 

1. Sonic Siphon: As a single target debuff, it is weak - especially in a set with no real AoE debuff (especially when solo-ing, and not counting the T9). Making this similar to the Poison debuffs, which hit a single target but spread (in lesser amounts) to surrounding enemies is an easy fix, and would help Sonic/ especially when soloing, and it wouldn't be overpowered when teaming. (Also, the Defender debuff is currently -30% res. -- the single target should be bumped to -35% {it is just single target} with the AoE residue being lower). 
  2. Clarity: In a set that has Sonic Dispersion, this power is almost useless and nearly never taken (I know some might take it - but if kept in its current form it needs to be an AoE like the shields). In my opinion, this power should be dropped to later in the set (say T8) and made to be a decent single target buff (ala Fortitude or Forge), but with +Res, +Perception, +Dam (but a longer recharge than Fort so it can't be easily perma'd, think Adrenaline Boost-ish). Some people may lament the lack of sleep protection that it currently offers, but this buff should outweigh that. 
  3. Sonic Cage: 
    1. Intangible powers as they currently function are useless (including Black Hole and the Force Field one). If this was to be kept as an intangible power (as with ALL OTHERS) it should be a toggle that we can turn off whenever we want so we can use it more efficiently. Hike up the end. cost (maybe depending on the type of enemy - minion v. Lt. v. Boss, etc.) and up the magnitude - as a crappy power I feel it should be able to knock an EB out of battle - with a max toggle duration of 15 seconds (maybe 20?) before it auto-shuts off. This would make it more than situationally useful and I think more people may look to take it rather than it be an auto-skip. 
    2. Conversely, replace it with anything else. Sonic/ should be a -Res master - give me something that helps to accomplish that.
  4. Sonic Repulsion: A plain useless power. No one wants this (or the one in Force Field). I think there needs to be another AoE/Cone -Res power in Sonic, because that should be Sonic's forte. I'd make this that type of power. Maybe something in the mold of Fearsome Stare's cone, but with -15% Res and a mag 2 stun (maybe call it Disorienting Screech). A power that both upped Sonic's -Res ability and provided some utility would bump this set up from one of the worst to at least upper middle class.

I appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks!

Ren

Edited by Renatos1023
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Renatos

Main Defenders on Everlasting:

Liza Frost - Lv.50 Cold/Ice; Tara Sonara - Lv.50 Nature/Sonic; Voice of Gaia - Lv.50 Sonic/Sonic; Tenebrous Tide - Lv.50 Dark/Water; Elloria Neutrina - Lv.50 Empathy/Radiation;

Hailblast - Lv.50 Storm/Storm; Elektra Cross - Lv.50 Electric/Electric; Agent Sureshot - Lv.50 Trick Arrow/Electric; Agent Blayze - Lv.46 Thermal/Fire; Twilight Servant - Lv.42 Time/Dark; Commander Trax - Lv.29 Traps/Beam Rifle

Clarity is already the set's T8 power.

Agreed on repulsion, power has just active anti-synergy with the rest of the set. Sonic Cage's intangibility also has niche uses that are largely out of practice nowadays due to build availability. Sonic Siphon wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take a half hour to cast.

Edited by Indystruck

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

Sonic Repulsion isn’t a terrible power if you slot it with 2 end redux, 1 sudden acceleration proc, and 1 force feedback proc. What’s wrong with an ally knockdown aura that periodically buffs your recharge rate?

13 hours ago, Indystruck said:

Clarity is already the set's T8 power.

Agreed on repulsion, power has just active anti-synergy with the rest of the set. Sonic Cage's intangibility also has niche uses that are largely out of practice nowadays due to build availability. Sonic Siphon wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take a half hour to cast.

You are right, I mis-remembered it coming earlier, similar to Clear Mind (edited original post to reflect this). Still as a T8, it is vastly underwhelming and needs to be buffed, especially as you already get a better mez protection power much earlier that buffs you and the whole team. And I agree about Sonic Siphon's cast time, it definitely needs to be shortened, sometimes trying to tag bosses with it on a fast-moving team leads to just hitting a dead body - I still think it should have a small AoE effect with reduced debuff on surrounding mobs. 

5 hours ago, arcane said:

Sonic Repulsion isn’t a terrible power if you slot it with 2 end redux, 1 sudden acceleration proc, and 1 force feedback proc. What’s wrong with an ally knockdown aura that periodically buffs your recharge rate?

It potentially has some situational uses, but the vast majority of Sonics that I have come across just do not take it. It also puts your endurance bar at the whim of whoever has the bubble, they could decide to run into a mob and bounce everything around, and bottom out your endurance in the process. Plus, the KB tax of having to slot the KB-->KD IO makes me also want to skip it.

Edited by Renatos1023

Global: @Renatos

Main Defenders on Everlasting:

Liza Frost - Lv.50 Cold/Ice; Tara Sonara - Lv.50 Nature/Sonic; Voice of Gaia - Lv.50 Sonic/Sonic; Tenebrous Tide - Lv.50 Dark/Water; Elloria Neutrina - Lv.50 Empathy/Radiation;

Hailblast - Lv.50 Storm/Storm; Elektra Cross - Lv.50 Electric/Electric; Agent Sureshot - Lv.50 Trick Arrow/Electric; Agent Blayze - Lv.46 Thermal/Fire; Twilight Servant - Lv.42 Time/Dark; Commander Trax - Lv.29 Traps/Beam Rifle